Chapter 28- Bailey's POV

I cleared my throat and blinked, my cheeks turning a slight color red, and the bartender chuckled when he came back over to me.

"Is he always this stupid drunk?" he asked and handed me my card while he raised an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't know," I said and rubbed my cheeks to make sure that the blush wasn't as strong as I thought it was. "Thank you for calling. I do appreciate it."

"Of course," he said. He looked around before he looked at me, leaning closer. "It was either that or..." He raised his eyebrows, and the hair on the back of my neck stood at attention.

Shit...

I didn't say a word and made sure to keep my face blank while I looked at him, not giving any indication that I knew what he was talking about.

The bartender gave me a pointed look while he cleared his throat. "Make sure that he doesn't come back and get rid of his fake ID. I'm sure that you might be able to get it away from him, Princess." He winked teasingly, and my cheeks turned red.

Busted...

I sighed and relaxed my stance a little, defeated. "If you knew, why did you serve him?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

The bartender smiled apologetically and shook his head. "I didn't know until you came. He had a good ID, and I thought it looked legit."

"You could get into trouble," I pointed out, "especially with everything else going on." I didn't question him on why he didn't think anything was suspicious until I came along and didn't really care. All I knew was I needed to make sure that Blake didn't get into trouble but also this bartender.

He nodded. "I know," he said softly. He cleared his throat and looked around before he looked at me, making sure that no one needed him. "He cares about you," he pointed out. "Make sure that he doesn't lose you."

I dipped my head in gratitude and smiled tiredly. "Thank you for watching out for him and making sure that he stays put," I said. "I appreciate it."

He nodded before he went back to work, and I turned and left the bar, praying that this would be the first and last time that I see Blake there.

I didn't want to end up like my mother and wait for my father to come home safe...