Chapter 3- Blake

"Blakey!" I heard my sister exclaim when I came home. She ran towards me and gave me a big hug, and I smiled tiredly. She scrunched up her nose and pulled away, catching a whiff of what I smelt like. "You stink."

I chuckled. "Of course, Holmes," I said, sarcastically. "I came back from football practice." I set her down and ran a hand through her blonde hair.

Skylar, my sister, scrunched up her nose and swatted at my hands. "After you get a shower, can you take me to the park? Mama can't take me."

I nodded. "Sure. Let me get a shower and see what my friend is doing, and then we can go to the park."

Sky cheered and tried to push me to the stairs. "Go nooooowwww," she complained when I didn't move. "It is almost dark."

I huffed playfully and rolled my eyes before grabbing her and tossing her over my shoulder. "Nope," I said, causing her to giggle. "I am going to go slow." I moved slower than I would normally go, wanting to be an ass.

Sky pounded her fists into my back. I could tell that she was trying not to laugh by the fact that she was giggling. "Let me go, you big Buffoon," she yelled, playfully. "Mama!"

"Blake, let your sister down and take a shower," Mom said, coming into the hallway. She moved a strand of her blonde hair and looked at me with a tired smile. "I will be gone in a few days. You will have to watch over Sky."

I clenched my jaw and nodded before placing my sister back on the ground. "I will see you in a bit, Kiddo," I said, my voice a tone darker. I didn't look at my mother while I walked upstairs to the bathroom. I was tired of both my parents working, but I couldn't do anything about it.

They had missed my childhood as well as most of Sky's, and I did not want her to end up the way I did.

***

After my shower, I walked to my phone and called my best friend before getting ready to go. I placed my wallet and keys in my pockets and started to walk out of my bedroom.

"Doll's Detangling Service. This is Doll, how may I help you?" my best friend said, trying to sound like a girl. There was some commotion on the other end. "Shut up, asshole," he said before yelping. "I am sorry; I did not know that the-." He huffed and muttered something underneath his breath. "What's up, Bro?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at the park and play some football," I said. "Or are you busy?"

"I'm already at the park hanging out with my cousin."

I furrowed my brows and frowned. "But, you don't have a cousin," I said. I had been friends with him for ages, and I had never heard of his father having a sibling.

"Her parents and mine were best friends," he said, dismissively. "We are in the park already. I think she wanted to leave and get some schoolwork done as well as cook food." He grumbled something after somebody said something. "Pwease? I'll pay you five bucks." He huffed. "Gas and chocolate?"

"Chocolate? Are you sure that she isn't a girlfriend?"

"Trust me; she isn't."

I didn't believe him. I knew that he was somewhat of a player, always flirting with girls, and never had a stable relationship.

"Look, man, I am fine with not having a girlfriend. I will see you in a bit." With that, he hung up his phone.

I shrugged my shoulder and went downstairs, where Sky was waiting, looking bored. "All right, Bug," I said. "Let's go."

Sky cheered and raced out of the house with me following her. She was smiling and looked so happy that I couldn't help but smile back.

That was one reason why I wanted to do what I could for Sky. Her smile could light up the whole world, even when things were tough.