Chapter 13- Blake

I wasn't able to focus during practice. I was worried about Bailey and had no idea what was going on with her. I hoped that it was nothing bad, but I wasn't so sure.

"Peterson," Coach called when I got tackled again. "Sit your ass down. What the hell is wrong with you today?"

"Nothing, Coach," I called back. I ran to the benches and sat down, taking my helmet off of my head. "Damn it, Bay," I grunted, tossing my helmet onto the ground in front of me. "Get out of my fucking head." I moved a hand through my hair and grimaced.

"You alright, Cap?" one of the other players asked, sitting down next to me. He handed me water.

"Ya," I grunted, taking the water from him. "Thanks, Omar." I took a sip of the water and watched as Trevor walked over to his father.

"What's up with you and Trevor?"

I shrugged my shoulder. "I don't know," I replied. "I made a stupid comment, and I guess it was kind of insensitive."

"Mmhmm," Omar said, nodding his head. "And, what did you say, exactly?"

I shook my head and watched as they stared at me before turning back to the field.

"Come on, Harrison. Move your ass," he yelled. "That was the worst block ever. What the fuck did Coach tell you?"

Omar snorted and shook his head. "That means he is going to have a hard workout with Coach P."

"Coach P?" I asked, turning my body to face him. I was curious and wondered if it was Bailey.

"Oswald, get your ass out here," Coach snapped before Omar had the chance to answer me.

"Of course, Coach," Omar said. He stood and picked up his helmet. "Maybe you can come with us. A group of us usually goes around seven, seven-thirty."

"Can't," I replied. "I have to look after my sister. Remember?"

"Oswald," Coach warned. "Get your black, skinny ass onto the field. Stop gossiping."

"In a second, Coach," Omar said, looking at him. He looked at me. "There is a place for little kids to do stuff. I sometimes have to bring my siblings with me because Mom is at work."

"Oswald," Coach warned.

"Of course, Coach," He backed away to the field. "Just think about it." He placed his helmet on his head and ran onto the field.

I leaned back in my seat and sighed. I still had a feeling that it was probably Bay, and she wouldn't care if Omar showed me where else she worked.

She did say that I'd have to figure it out. However, she didn't say how.

***

"Mimi!" my sister exclaimed, seeing Bailey's "daughter" sitting on the counter with fries hanging out of her mouth.

Mimi waved and finished the fries in her mouth, handing the empty container to a "pissed" off the male. "Sky!" Mimi exclaimed, jumping off of the counter. She hugged her best friend and smiled at Omar. "She's in the ring, right now. She told me to tell you that you need to run five laps around the building because you are late."

"All right, Squirt," Omar said, rubbing her head. "Can we watch her fight, or are you going to sic your brother on me?"

"Hmmmm," Mimi said, tapping her chin. She looked at me and then looked back at him, holding out her hand.

Omar's shoulder dropped, and he mocked sighed. "Really?" he asked, and she nodded. "It's my last piece."

"I don't care," she replied, and the male snorted.

Omar grumbled and dropped a piece of gum into her waiting hand. "She's going to kill me."

"She is already going to kill you. I am just making it sooner," Mimi said, and he snorted. She placed the gum in her mouth and ran out of the room, followed by my little sister.

"Hey, does that mean we can go through?" Omar asked, calling after her.

"Yes," she yelled before slamming a door shut.

Omar shook his head and smiled. "Come on, Blake," he said. "Let's go see what all the fuss is about." He walked away, and I just followed, confused as crap.

What the hell just happened?