Secret - Nick (2)

The rest of the summer was a dream. Lazy days of doing nothing but tanning and going into town at night for drinks and dinner. No one cared, that was the beauty. We just woke up and did whatever, there was no pressure to do anything in the day.

Bailey kisses me all the time, sometimes i think he's getting sick of spending all day together and then he kisses me. Can he read my thoughts? Maybe?

Tonight he wants to take me out to dinner to ask me something. Im already his boyfriend, what more is there to ask. I dont argue and head up to get a shower. I dress casual but still nice enough.

" you look so handsome." He says, stopping by my room where im drying my hair. I smile and turn red. He blows a kiss and heads to his room.

Im sat downstairs waiting, because he takes way longer than me to get ready, when matt plops down next to me with a bag of chips in his hand. " where are you going?" He asks. " baileys taking me out, dont know where." I say. I steal some chips and he whacks my hands away. " well you look good, so have fun." He says and i smile to myself.

I used to think it would bother Matt and Chris me dating bailey because there all best friends but they love it. Were all so much closer but they also give us space as a couple.

" ready?" Bailey asks and i nod before looking at him. I turn and he's wearing linen pants and a black button down with a white vest. His hair is wavy across his face and he looks so handsome. We leave the house and decide to walk because its not that far. " you look so handsome." I say and i swear i see him blush.

" hows your burger." He asks, dipping his fries in some ketchup. I nod, my mouth full. " so good, i would ask if you want to try, but im not feeling that nice." I laugh and he does too and pretends to act hurt. " try my pasta though." He says and shoves his fork in my face. It is good.

" anyway what did you want to ask me?" I ask. He nods his head and finishes whats in his mouth. " i want you to go to my prom with me." He says. " would you want to?" He asks. The most dumb question on the earth. " of course i do!" I say and he smiles. " good because i already bought your ticket." He smiles. And i raise a brow. " wait you bought the ticket, before school even ended." I ask. He nods as if it should be common sense.

We get the bus back because were both stuffed. On the last couple stops before the bus i cant help but day dream. He wanted me at his prom before even asking me out.

Prom day! :

The rest of summer was great, i slept at night knowing that i was going to prom. With a boyfriend! Sure id go with friends and matt and Chris but it wasn't the same as someone wanting you there.

I woke up on prom day and the weather was still warm but not as humid, there was a perfect breeze. Mom makes breakfast because its Saturday morning. She makes sure Chris and matts flowers are in the fridge and there just nodding along to mom asking them all kinds of questions. " when are the girls coming?" She asks and the shrug their shoulders. " boys! You should know." She huffs and they both smile. " there coming at 7, then were leaving at 7:45." They say and mom nods.

Bailey is here before anyone else. Its 5. He lives a couple towns over so it takes him like 3 hours to get here and he didn't want to hit traffic so he's here early, eating a sandwich my mom made him. He's wearing sweatpants and a hoodie and his suit is hung on my door.

Around 6:40 he gets ready he changes into his suit and then my mom helps him tie the tie he couldn't do himself. Im already dressed, minus my blazer. I blow dried my hair but didn't style it id look too stupid. Bailey manages to look effortlessly beautiful. Its totally unfair. He puts in some wax but just enough so it has volume but not done up.

" you both look so handsome." My mom says and kisses my cheek. She leaves the room and shoos Chris upstairs to get dressed.

When everyones here we take pictures and then we get singles, couples and so many group photos i think my jaw will be stuck in a smile.

" lets go before mom blinds me with the flash." Matt sighs and links arms with his date. Shes really sweet, they have math together and they say there friends but after tonight maybe not. Chris brought his Alahna as friends and Madi brought someone off the lacrosse team. He's really nice and he looks mesmerised by Madi the whole night.

We get to the venu and its all lit up and music is playing in the background. Everyone is smiling and bailey pulls me to the photography booth and he pull me onto his lap and closes the curtain. " stop tickling me." I whine and he stops and wraps his arms around my waist. I smile into the camera and he kisses my cheek.

We dance all night and the school tell us to go home at 11:30. " lets go get some food." Bailey whispers in my ear and i nod my head. He drove the two of us here so we drive to a nearby diner. Its nearly empty and i just order some chicken fingers and fries and bailey gets the pancake stack. " thank you." He says when the waitress brings us two sodas.

" are you driving back tonight, i really want you to stay." I ask. He nods. " ill stay if your mom lets me, i dont want to drive back tonight." He says, he reaches a hand over and i put mine in his. " sure my mom will let you stay, she loves you." I say and he smiles.

We finish eating and then make our way back to the car. Matt calls me asking where i am. " were on our way home." I say and hang up, bailey drives us home and parks in-front of the house.

" god im tired." I say as i kick my shoes of at the door and throw my suit jacket on the sofa. I get dressed into some pyjamas and then lay in bed, bailey takes one of my shirts and lays in bed next to me.

" i love you, i loved you the first time i kissed you nick." He whispers in my ear and kisses my forehead, i turn over and kiss his lips and wrap my arms around his neck.

" i love you too." I say and then i fall asleep while his arms are wrapped around me. It feels so weird for him to be in my bed, im used to him being far away and only seeing him in summer. This is the best feeling. Ever.