Wedding season - Chris.

Nicks big day is finally here. I wake up in a hotel room above the venu where nick will be getting married in just over 3 hours. My mom left my ironed suit on the back of my wardrobe door and im sat staring at it this morning.

Im so happy for nick he deserves Micheal but i cant push the funny feeling out my stomach. Nick getting married and matt has been dating aria for 5 years. I cant help but feel im getting left behind.

I sit up in bed and i have a chain of texts from nick. 'Morning' 'hello chris?' 'Breakfast is finishing in 30 mins.' That one was 10 minutes ago. I text back im going down and throw on some sweats and brush my teeth quickly.

No ones left for breakfast so i just get a glass of juice and some breakfast potatoes and a scoop of eggs.

" why are you up so late." Nick asks, his face looks angry but i can see he's just nervous deep down. " sorry." I say. I dont have an excuse and lying to him will just piss him off.

" what do you need me to do." I ask. He's followed me to a table and i eat as quick as i can. " can you just keep people sane." He chuckles. " shall i start with you?" I smile and he mocks a gasp.

" just be at the venu a half hour early. Their setting up now, im going to see mom and dad and then get dressed." He says and i nod. " yes sir." I say and he rolls his eyes.

At 12:00 im down in the venu, half an hour early, nicks request. Michael's looking around and assessing everything. Nick is the one stood at the alter and Micheal is walking down the isle. Nick walks in and i smile. " you look great nick." I say and he thanks me.

" can i talk to you." Nick asks. He pulls me to the side while guests start to take seats. " sure." I say and he stands at the altar with me.
" so y/ n. is coming." He says and my whole mood shifts. THE y/n? " you still talk." I ask and he nods. " we catch up every couple weeks or so, but she was a big part of my life for so long. She was the first person i ever came out to." He explains and i nod.

" just dont be weird." He scolds me and i smile. " i wont." I say and he smiles. Matt joins us at the altar and the music plays. I turn to face the isle while Micheal walks down but i spot that cherry red hair. Y/n.

My friend from 10-15 and then we dated from 15-19. My mouth sits open while i stare at her. Her red dress matches her red hair and her hazel eyes start to water watching nick get married. The ceremony is beautiful and im really happy, everyone erupts in cheers when they kiss.

After the ceremony we head to the rest of the venu for the meal. Im stood at the bar getting a drink when i feel a hand on my arm.

" i always liked you in blue." She says, running her fingers over my blue tie. " i always loved you in red." I say and bring her in for a hug.

" its been too long." She smiles and keeps her hand resting on my forearm. 11 years. Its crazy to think were both 30 with separate lives. But every-time we catch each others  eyes i feel 16 all over again. Like a lovesick puppy.

" so what are you up to now." I ask and she blushes. " i teach 5th grade." She smiles and i do too. " like you always wanted to." I say and she nods. She always said that 5th grade was perfect. They knew who they were but were also in touch with their emotions.

" where are you sitting." She asks and i not to the the table next to the main table. Nick wanted it to be him and Micheal and then just parents.

" thats weird me too." She says and i chuckle. " i bet nick did that." I laugh and she does too. I buy her a drink before heading to our table to eat the meal.

We catch up and after the meal the sun has set and we go out for pictures in the dusky sun. We get family ones and then just grooms and then me and y/n are stood and watching matt and aria snuggled up taking pictures and the photographer ushers us to be shot.

" come on, for old time sake." She says and pulls me in and wraps an arm around my torso witch makes my mouth dry.

" great couple." He coos and snaps us in different positions. I end up smiling and i agree the pictures do look great but im rattled at how familiar this feels. It feel so natural. Her warm hands on my back feels comforting.

Y/n goes and dances with nick and i cant stop watching her hips move to the song. I smile when she sticks her tongue out to concentrate on dancing.

She sees me smiling and gestures me to dance with her. I protest but when she pulls me up she send electric shocks down my spine.

We dance for a bit until she heads off to pee. I cant bare this. Being so close but so damn far.

I pull her away with me while she tries to head back into the venu. I pull her to the back wall and hold her in-front of me.

" I've missed you." I breathe. " me too." She says and i see a tear fall down her cheek. " whats wrong, did i say the wrong thing." I ask, recoiling like shes on fire.

" no i just dont understand why we broke up." She asks, tears keep falling and i cradle her face in my fingers. " i was scared, and im sorry, i was just a kid. I had no idea that id found the one." I say. Her pupils dilate and i almost see my reflection. Her lips part and she sucks in a breath.  "I havent thought about anyone else." I confess and she seems startled by the deep words but soon smiles and presses her lips to mine. She even tastes like vanilla and coconut, her assigned scent.

Its like the rest of the world melts away and shes the only one in the world. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her against me. She leads me to the elevator and pushes in floor 7.

She leads me to her room and i sit on the bed. She sits next to me. " im so sorry if i pushed you too hard when we were younger." She apologises and stand in between my legs.

" no, dont apologise. It was all me. Im sorry i couldn't be what you wanted me to be." I say and she smiles. " i havent stopped thinking about you the whole time." She whispers in my ear, running her fingers through my hair.

" i always liked it long." She says and i smile. I stand up to match my lips to hers and she wobbles but i hold her and kiss her.

" i really do like you." She breathes against my lips. " me too, can we try again. Is it too late?" I ask and she grins wide. " i only want you." She says and pounces on me and hugs me.

" lets dance. You can make up for 11 years of absence later." She winks and walks out the door. I almost pass out. How can someone be that damn beautiful . I follow her downstairs and i dont take my hands off her all night. Nick gives me an approving smile and i turn red for a moment. Matt says he's happy for us.

" dont say you love me yet. Even though i already know. Lets just take it slow." She whispers into my ear while walking up to the elevator. Guests pour out the hotel and into other elevators.

" baby im not gonna take it slow one second tonight." I whisper and she giggles and pulls me into her room by the tie. (Ik im cringing too 🤭)

A/n: I CANT TELL IF I LOVE IT OR HATE IT????