Brothers bestfriend(s) (2)

Aged 13:

Id waited all summer for matt to mention the kiss but he didn't. We just went back to being best friends. We would just spend all day swimming and hanging out.

Aged 14:

It took me weeks to convince mom to drive down to the cottage for thanksgiving, she was complaining it would be a fuss just to drive all that way for one night.

Matts parents had invited us around for dinner witch made her warm up to the thought of going down. " Pleasee." I begged. My dad was sat at the table typing away on his computer and my brother was playing video games. " okay! Fine! Why do you want to go so bad?" She asked me. I didn't tell her i just wanted to see matt.

Snow covered the cottage and it looked like a scene right out of a Christmas postcard. I smiled and clutched the bottle of wine. I was wearing my best red velvet dress and black boots. My mom had put a braid crown in for me after watching a youtube video. Its a little wonky but we just put in extra bobby pins.

" hey guys! Oh you look amazing." Mary lou shrieked. She hugged me and shook my brothers hand. My mom had made him put on a shirt and khaki pants. When we walked in the room was decorated like it was from a magazine. Matt, nick and Chris were all lounged around in jeans and dress shirty. Their hair was still messy and long.

" woah bells!" Chris said, he smiled and ran his fingers over my hair. I felt different seeing them this year since id turned 14 a week ago. I felt grown up. They were all 16 and had grown taller but they were all still lanky. 

" woah yourself, nice shirt." I say to Chris. That earns a smile and matt turns to look at me but his head just whips back around. " Dinner kids!" My mom yelled and the table looked great and everything smelt great. Chris sat next to me and Matt sat across from me, he kept stealing glances every couple seconds.

After dinner the parents had wine and champagne. Chris took the half empty bottle and we snuck it to Chris' room. I had a couple sips and the bubbles stuck in my head and my neck turned red. " happy thanksgiving!" Nick cheered and stuck the bottle in the air. We watched cartoons and drank juice.

Matts pov:

Its Christmas and bright and early. Nate and Isabelle's house lights are on. Moms making breakfast and i head up to my room to get the bracelet i got Bells for Christmas.

" im going next door with gifts!" Chris exclaims and i frown. I drop the bracelet into the drawer and forget about it. Shes not mine anymore.

Next summer they were official. They would swim the lake and hold hands all day long. I left it too long.

Aged 17:

I was dating Chris. He was funny. He had long hair and was smiling constantly. It had been 2 years and 8 months.

" My parents let me come down this week. Nates at college but he's joining later, like in a week or so." I explain. Me and chris are on the phone, its ritual that at 9pm i call him after he's done at work. Ive usually finished schoolwork but now its summer i usually just wait to call him.

"Thats so cool, we can drive anywhere together." He says, i can hear his smile through the phone. " when you say we?" I tease and he laughs.

The following week i was all packed and driving away by 10am. Chris has a shift later at about 5 but ill be there by 1 ish. The roads were quiet so i was there by 12:40. Chris was asleep on the porch and i ran up to him and flung my arms around him.

" hey!" He jumps and i smile and kiss him. He tugs on my waist and kisses me back. He helps me unpack my room and food for the house. " i brought more movies!" I yelp. " ugh, romance." He groans and i elbow his side. " you dont mind when im kissing you." I say and peck his lips. He shakes his head and i head upstairs to put on my bathing suit. Chris is already in his trunks and set up on the boat. I dive in and push myself into the boat.

" how about a trip to town." He smiles. I nod and he drives it to town. After he ties it to the dock we get food, i drag him around book shops and dvd shops. At 3 we head back and we go to his room. I smile and wave at his parents on the porch. " good to see you!" I say.

" what if i get scared sleeping by myself?" I tease. " call me and ill be across." He smiles. " we have two weeks until Nate comes and rats you out to your mom." He jokes. This summer he picked up a job waiting tables at the local tavern.

" come over when you finish. Dont forget cheesecake." I say. He smiles and pecks my lips as he gets out my car. I get myself take out and watch romance movies until he gets back at 9:20.

" one cheesecake for madam." He jokes and gives me the takeaway box. I squeal and grab a fork. " so good." I groan.

We head up to my room and carry on watching YOU on my laptop. He wraps his arms around my waist and i kiss his neck. He squirms and tells me to stop. " whyy?" I whine. I nibble the skin on his neck and he laughs. He pecks my lips and we shut the laptop and i fall asleep running my fingers through his hair.

God being with chris is so perfect. Why is matt in my head?