"I guess its not meant to be" - Nick :(

A/n: gonna be a long imagine guys! And sad :(

Age 14:

Being childhood lovers almost never works. Its the one cursed trope. I mean the novelty of the perfect summer fling has to burn out eventually. It wont ever last. Thats what happened with me and Jackson.

It was the first week of July, a huge July 4th party. At my parents lake house. We sat holding sprinklers out, cake covered plates on our laps. He had frosting on his cheek and i sat smiling.

" you have frosting." I said, pointing my finger to his face. " get it." He asks. I wipe my finger over his skin and scoop the frosting. I hold my finger not knowing what to do. He grabs my hand and licks the frosting. My breathing literally stopped.

He turned to look around to see if anyone was looking. He grabbed my face and smashed his lips into mine. When i pulled back he had tears in his eyes. I frowned and kissed him again. I just wanted to make him happy.

" i really like you, i think i like boys." He confessed and i exhaled. " really?" I asked. I was getting too exited. This was the best day of my life but probably the worst for him.

" its okay, your brave for telling me. I want you to know its okay. Everything is okay." I say.
He smiles and clamps his hand in mine. I wiped the tears of his cheek and i turned around to see no one outside. " everyones gone inside." I whisper. Its cold but not to cold we have to go inside.

" we should go." He says, and stands. We walk inside, not touching but close enough i can feel his heart beating. Beating really fast.

" meet me here when everyones asleep." He says. As we pass the big oak tree on our way in.
" i will." I promise and we both head in and separate. When i head into my room i keep touching my lips. It cant be real? Did that just happen? Chris and matt are both passed out in the bunk beds. I climb into the bottom bunk and stay awake. When i turn over i see the clock has strikes 11 and i dont hear anyone in the living room.

I grab a hoodie and tip toe to the big oak tree. He's sat there with his arms wrapped around himself. I sit next to him and smile. " i thought you had fallen asleep." He says and i shake my head. " i couldn't." I say and he smiles.

" were going home tomorrow, my parents got me in a private school. I really like you but i cant stay. I want to but im not allowed." He says and i had no idea that there were tears in my eyes. " what! tomorrow?" I ask, suddenly frantic.

" nick i need you to know that i really like you, i mean I've liked you since i was 10 and knew what being gay was. But i dont know how were going to last, if were going to last." He says. I cry and lean my head onto his shoulders. He wraps an arm around me and the tears dont stop. He pulls my head towards him and kisses my lips, hard. He kisses me until i burst out crying again.

" its going to be fine? Ill come back for you." He says. I nod and he wipes the tears from my cheeks. " please come back for me." I whisper.
" i will." He says.

The next morning his bags were packed and loaded into the car by the time i wake up. Im eating breakfast on the porch as he walks past me with his bags and hauls them into the car. " bye." He calls and waves. I wave back and his parents get in, he smiles and i smile back. I head back into the house when the car is out of view.

Age 22:

I hear him knock early in the morning. I was brushing my teeth fresh out the shower. I finish up and walk downstairs, grabbing the towel close to me.

" hello." I say and theres some man stood outside my door, facing the lake. " hey, is nick-." He stutters and Jackson turns around. His mouth hangs open and he just cracks a smile.