Style - chris (3)

" IM HOME HONEY!" My mom keeps yelling and i can hear her footsteps getting closer to the door. I lift my head and my body is weighed down by a sleeping Chris. His mouth is parted and he's snoring lightly with an arm wrapped around my waist. I jolt up and shake him awake.

" my moms home, you have to hide!" I hiss and he looks up at me confused. I tell him to go under my bed. He is still half asleep when im shoving him under. " shh" i hiss and my mom opens the door and i pretend im still asleep.

" im going to head to bed, but good morning honey." She says and walks in to kiss my forehead. " night mom." I smile and close the door after her. I sigh after i hear her close the door.

Chris rolls out from under my bed and i laugh. " im sorry." I say and he shakes his head. " come on, lets get breakfast." I say and he nods. I brush my teeth and throw on some sweats and grab my keys.

I drive us to my favourite cafe near my house. I go every Saturday morning for breakfast and i sometimes study. I get a coffee and breakfast burrito. Chris gets a croissant and a black coffee.

" is this a date, are you trying to sweep me off my feet?" He asks and i got red and laugh nervously. I sip on my coffee to give me something to do. " no." I laugh. " well its working." He says and i laugh again.

" this isn't a date." I say and he mocks being hurt. " just means ill have to take you on a date." He offers and i shake my head. " maybe." I say. We finish breakfast and i drop him off at his house. " yesterday was fun." He smiles and i  nod.

He kisses me before walking into his house. I feel his lips on me all weekend, i keep texting him but i dont get much back.

Monday morning. My mom wakes me up and i force myself to get dressed. I put on a denim skirt and it reaches just above my knees. I add a baggy white shirt and then slick my hair into a ponytail. I add a baby blue ribbon to the pont tail and grab my bag.

Im 10 minutes early for class so i just scroll on my phone before the whole class is here and math starts.

By lunch i havent seen Chris and i have no idea if he's even in school today. I try to text him and see where he is but he hasn't read it.

I grab my current book and put some headphones on and eat my sandwich my mom packed, ham and salad, extra mayo. Someone spills water over my book and i jump up to see brad and Jason. And chris is looking timid over brads shoulder. Is he with them?

" fucking assholes." I say and they scoff. " oh so she talks." They spit. " yes i fucking talk, what am i a baby?" I ask and they all laugh between themselves, but chris who looks disappointed, but he's not doing anything. Why isn't he stopping them?

" yeah, you are. Your a fucking child, i mean who at 16 dresses like this. Your just a sad little girl that will never be anything." Brad says as he tugs on the ribbon in my hair and he yanks it out and they walk away. Tears well up in my eyes and the whole cafeteria is looking at me. I throw my book in the bin and sit at a different table to eat my lunch, people keep staring at me. Chris makes eye contact but he dosent even look sorry, he's just staring at me like an animal in a zoo. Why is he like this?

I flip him off witch get a reaction from his friends, not him. He turns around and i storm out the cafeteria and bin my sandwich. I head to the bathroom and start to break down.

" y/n." Chris says and he pokes his head in. " leave or i will scream. You asshole." I say. He says he's sorry and when i open my mouth to scream he leaves. I head to my next class like im fine but im wiping tears away the whole lesson so no one sees. My teacher is giving me sympathetic eyes. But chris keeps staring him down like he's pathetic.