Vol 1 : Chapter 2-Is he a human?

1 year and 3 months later

I am now 3 years old. Unlike earth, this world doesn't celebrate birthdays, not that I mind. I have been experimenting with a lot of magic lately. For example telekinesis and dark magic. Using telekinesis requires a lot of focus so it won't be as reliable as other magics in battle, on the other hand dark magic can poison the opponent for a long period of time depending on my mana. I can mix it with other spells and create a spell that inflicts double the damage.

Anyway my family hasn't suspected any of my activities even after the natural disaster I caused (Burn an entire forest).

I start to get closer with our maid. She is a nice lady who would do anything to please me. She also apologises a lot for some reason.

My mother and I share a normal loving relationship and sometimes she would come to my room and sleep next to me out of worry.

My father and I don't share a close relationship, however we are still working our way to it. He seemed to get uneasy whenever he looked into my eyes. Unlike our maid, my father isn't the best at hiding his emotions.

Finally my brother and I are starting to bond lately in the study room where he bragged and helped me to learn magic that I already know, not that I minded.

I only casted water balls with him.

"Oh, Rudi really likes books." He always walks around with a book, Zenith lets out a laugh.

They let him do whatever he wanted and they never tried to take the book from him, he always had the book under his armpit even when we were eating, however he knows good enough not to read it in front of our family.

Despite his behaviour Rudeus put a lot of work in his secret training and even but a lot of thinking into making it a secret.

However..

It was a certain afternoon, when Rudeus called me to the study room as usual.

"Arthur today we will try an intermediate spell, follow me" He said in a low voice.

I just nodded and followed him.

We arrived and Rudeus decided to recite a Water Cannon spell, this an intermediate spell that could harm us however he simply just did it.

Its size was 1 and its speed was 0.

I could have used dispel magic , however it would of raised some questions.

Rudeus POV:

Left shocked, I was unable to think of what to do.

A hole opened in the wall is undoubted proof that I used magic.

I looked at my brother and he started crying. It was the only right response to such a situation. I could have injured him.

I am truly a terrible older brother.

Kiyotaka POV:

Lately I have been practising how to display emotion who knew it would come in handy.

"What happened!? Whoa......"

At first, it was Paul who rushed in and then he stared at the wall with his mouth agape.

"Wai-hey, what the......... Rudi, Arthur are you both alright.......?" he managed to say these words as he shifted his gaze between us.

No matter how anyone looked at it, Rudeus is the prime culprit and I was the brother who was pulled into this scene.

"Monsters....? But in this vicinity?" Even now, he's mumbling stuff like that, while looking around warily.

"Oh my..."