Vol 2 : chapter 2-Failed planned.

Rudeus POV:

I really am an idiot. How can I not think this through? So let me update you on the situation. It's been a month and Ojou-sama hasn't shown up for any of my lessons, she only showed up for sword training. I got to admit she was better than me at sword but she stood no chance against Arthur.

They had over 30 battles and she lost all of them, but she improved evertime and she would last longer.

She wasn't bad, she would put up a good fight against an average adventure, however against my brother the skill gap was too much.

Every time she loses she unleashes her anger on me, therefore I never pressured her into joining.

Yesterday I discussed this with her father and we made a plan. It was my first time doing something like this, so please don't judge me.

Ok?

The plan goes as follows: we hire people to kidnap Eris and then I use magic to save her. Then she gets fond of magic and joins my lesson.

Simple right?

Not exactly

It didn't happen as I planned. Nothing ever goes as planned.

My brother warned me that someone would take advantage of the situation and will kidnap us for real. However I dismissed his worries while saying "You're just overthinking it."

But It happened, someone took advantage of the situation and it happened just like he said.

Wait, could it be?

No he would never do something like that? I mean what would he gain from this?

I move towards the window. Even though I consider focusing and melting one of the iron bars with fire magic, I think it will be too hot and give up.

After trying different solutions, I use water magic and change the earth surrounding the window into mud, and successfully take the entire bars down. The hole is large enough to allow a child to slip through.

That way the escape route is ensured.

"Eris, it seems this time we have been kidnapped by the sworn enemies of the lord, and they are discussing to wait till tonight to bring their companions and torture us to death."

"You are l...... lying..... Right?"

I hoped so but the situation doesn't look like the one I planned, So right now I think I am telling the truth.

I mean if they were the people we hired they would never break Eris bones just to make her quiet.

"I don't want to die yet, so I'm running on my own...... Goodbye."

I push myself up where the metal bar was previously on the window. At this time, there's a sound coming from the direction of the door.

"Hey, why isn't the door opening!? What the hell!?" It didn't open as I used earth and sealed the gap on the door. I also melt it slowly using fire magic so it makes it unable to move.

Fierce banging comes from the other side of the door.

turning her head back, Eris looks at the door in fear-like despair, and looks to me again, repeating this a few times.

"Ah...... D, don't leave me behind...... Save me....."

Ara. You calmed down so fast. That's a surprise. Even if it's Eris, you would still get scared under these circumstances.

I immediately go near Eris and whisper in her ears.

"..... Before we reach home, you must completely listen to me. Can you promise me that?"