Vol 3 : Chapter 3-The Masked Twins.

Kiyotaka POV:

I made my way toward the Dojo, where I will receive my first lesson by the water God Reida herself. As I entered the room I spotted three individuals. Reida , Isolate this was the name of the black haired girl who always accompanied Reida and finally Matsushita. It seems that I am the last one to arrive.

The lesson went on smoothly. Isolate rank was advanced in Water God Style just like Matsushita so they both received a similar training, meanwhile I was saint tier so I had a different training.

After the lesson Isolate was allowed to leave or continue training however she decided to continue training.

While me and Matsushita were waiting..

Waiting for who you may ask?

Simple, Reida decided to match me against a Water King and after the match I would fight Matssuhita head on.

Suddenly a tall, muscular man with long,wild hair and piercing blue eyes entered the room. He wore the same Dojo clothes I was wearing, the man had no weapon on him but his appearance was enough-

"This Alaric Stomborne is a water King, he will be your opponent." Interrupting my thought, Redia introduced the man.

In response I bowed and introduced myself politely.

The man just nodded at my introduction. It seemed he wasn't a man of many words.

"Alright pick up the wooden swords and start on my mark." Just as instructed, both of us picked the wooden swords.

We both made our way to the middle of the room and took a fighting pose waiting for the signal to start.

"Begin!" Reida announced the start of the duel.

After 20 minutes of offence and defence, the man's sword was pointed at my neck while my sword was still intact to my hand.

"Alright that's enough."

"Huff pant huff...Good match." The man said while extending his hand toward me.

"Thank you." I replied.

As I replied calmly and took the man's hand he looked at me with a bewildered look but immediately regained his poker face.

"Alright, Matsuhita, pick up a wooden sword." For some reason Reida keep getting Matsushita name wrong,

"Tch...It's Matsushita old women." Matsushita would always correct her with a dissatisfied look.

"Call me master you impudent girl."

"Tch.." Matsushita just clicked her tongue again. This will be a troublesome year.

"Begin.." The women announced the start of the duel without us even being in the right positions.

As a white room student I was used to this kind of surprise announcement before a duel so with no hesitation I launched at Matsushita who was panicking and swung my sword flawlessly.

Matsushita, who was in a panicking state raised her sword in an amateur manner, as our sword collided. Matsushita's sword immediately broke on the spot and this was enough to announce me as the winner.

"H-huh I wasn't even ready." Matsushita voiced her complaints.

"A Water God swordsman should always be ready at any moment to deflect his opponent's attack." The man whose name was Alaric was the first to respond to Matsushita complaints. He wasn't panting anymore and It took him exactly 46 seconds to regain his normal body state.

A technique used by the Water God participated which allowed you to catch your breath in a matter of seconds. This was probably one of the differences between a Water saint and a King saint. I spotted several differences during our duel too but they were all to my advantage.