Dead Alligator On The School Bus

Potterhead, Massachusetts

Elaine was waiting for the school bus to arrive. It was a beautiful May morning, with the yellow ball of fire, shining so brightly, with an ocean blue sky. The bus arrived at last, and Elaine got on But, before she sat down, she discovered something totally out of the ordinary.

A dead alligator was lying in the aisle. The students were in complete shock, and didn't know what to make of the situation. "Elaine, sit down, so I drive to school!" said Gordon, the bus driver, in his heavy Boston accent.

Elaine sat down next to her buddy, Jose. "How did he die?" she asked.

"Are you talking about the alligator?" asked Jose, as the bus was now in motion.

"Yes," nodded Elaine. "What happened to him?"

"I don't know," scoffed Jose. "I didn't kill him."

"I didn't say that," said Elaine.

"Maybe, Gordon killed him," said Johnny.

The dead alligator on the bus remained a mystery. No one ever figured it out. But, there was something fishy about this whole thing.

Alligators were not common in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

This story was written on Monday, May 1st, 2023.

A/N How a dead alligator got on the bus, remains a mystery! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.