3.7

18 Days Clean.

After Luke snapped at me last night, I returned straight away to the apartment. Everybody was going out to a club, but I didn't feel like acting as though I was having a good time.

It was now 10:30AM and I was currently in the studio with John and Hey Violet. There was another man sitting in the back of the studio, who I presumed to be Hey Violet's manager. To my surprise, the band was 75% composed of girls and they were a pop punk band. Something I definitely wasn't expecting. There was only one guy, Casey, and he was really sweet.

"Loop it," John instructed me. Following out the tasks he had shown me earlier, I looped a segment which one of the girls had just recorded.

Their song, You Don't Love Me Like You Should, was almost completely finished. I couldn't believe it when Nia told me she wrote it this morning on the way to the studio, I was in shock.

"Now add Casey's solo." John told me again. Clipping and adding Casey's guitar solo, I smiled to myself.

"The bridge,"

"Stripped back chorus,"

"Chorus looped twice,"

"The ending."

"Perfect." I smiled, looking up at John as he nodded at me, smiling.

"I'm impressed Shan," he said honestly. "Want to listen back on it?" he asked the band, who all nodded enthusiastically. Listening back on the track, I myself was impressed. I could easily understand how John loved his job so much, it was really interesting.

"Thank you so much!" Miranda said, wrapping her arms around John and I and engulfing us into a huge hug.

"Thank you for letting me work with you guys!" I exclaimed when Miranda pulled away, looking at Casey, Nia and Rena.

"Do you guys mind if we keep a sample of this track?" John asked, beginning to save it to a disk.

"Of course not," Rena said smiling. John saved it to six disks and handed one to each member of the band, one to me and one for himself. Looking back at the man sitting in the back of the studio, John nodded.

"Alright guys, thanks for today." The man said, standing up and slipping his phone into his pocket.

"Thank you, sir." Casey said, walking over to him and shaking his hand. Rena, Miranda and Nia followed his actions before standing at the door, exiting the studio.

"Thanks a million for today, John." I said smiling gently. John turned around on his blue computer chair and motioned me closer.

"Why don't you sit down Shan, I want to introduce you to someone. This is William and he works with Hi Or Hey Records..."

*~*~*

Walking out of the studio, I instantly felt as though my heart was crushed. Tears escaped my eyes at an unbelievable pace and I felt as though my chest was heaving in. Pulling out my phone, anger grew within the pit of my stomach. Everything we had planned was over. Luke wouldn't be able to come to Ireland with me for his break. He lied to me. He knew. Opening my conversation thread with Luke, I typed a message to him.

I can't believe you wouldn't tell me you're going on a world tour. I'm supposed to leaving Sydney next week Luke, and you said you'd come with me? I can't believe this.

ooooh shit lmao. I start my state exams next Wednesday and I really want to finish moonlight before then. please vote and comment! can anybody guess what's going to happen???