1.0

62 Days Clean.

Walking out of my room with slightly damp hair, I pulled it up into a bun and walked into the living room. Gee and Beth were sitting on the couch while Jacey was sitting on the floor between them painting her nails.

"I think we should go out tonight," Gee piped up suddenly. "To celebrate Beth finally getting a job." On the floor, Jacey laughed and I shrugged.

"I'm up for it," I said, walking in and sitting beside Jacey on the ground.

"Let's do it!" Jacey said suddenly, closing her bottle of nail varnish and placing it up on the coffee table.

"What do you think?" Gee asked Beth. Beth simply shrugged and smiled, indicating she was cool with it. The four of us stood up and walked into our rooms, leaving the doors open. After a moment, the sound of Pitbull filled the area of the apartment and we all laughed as Jacey sang along at the top of her lungs.

Walking over to my wardrobe, I opened it and pulled out three hangers, each holding a dress. There was a black bodycon dress which looked more like another layer of skin than a dress, a red one shouldered tight dress and another which had a cream lace bust and then a black bottom which went to my mid-thigh. Staring at them intently for a moment, I laid the black and cream dress on my bed and returned the other two to my wardrobe.

"Green or yellow?" Beth shouted out suddenly. Before I could even open my mouth to speak, Gee had already hollered back green. Rolling my eyes at these bunch of freaks that were now becoming my friends, I stripped out of my clothes and pulled on the dress.

"Ooh, chicka is looking fine tonight," Jacey said, walking past my bedroom door as she headed to the bathroom with her make-up. Rolling my eyes at her, I took my hair down from the bun and began to blow dry it.

"I probably won't be able to get into any clubs here," I shouted over the sound of hairdryer to Gee as she walked into my room. She shot me a confused look and plugged her straightener into the spare socket in my room.

"What?" she called back. Shutting of the hairdryer, I placed it on the floor and flicked on the switch of my own straightener.

"I probably won't be able to get into any clubs here," I repeated again. "I'm only seventeen." Shrugging, Gee smirked as she picked up her straightener.

"Nobody can resist an Irish accent, Shan." She told me winking. Rolling my eyes at her, I picked up my own straightener and began to drag it through my hair. As soon as I was satisfied with my hair, I shut off my straightener and walked over to my wardrobe. I pulled out my black heels and leather jacket, slipping them both on quickly. Just as I picked up my bag, my phone buzzed. It was from Calum.

What's up? :-)

A faint smile grew on my face as I read the message, replying quickly and telling him that I was getting ready to go out with the girls, I slipped my phone into the pocket of my jacket.

"Should I wear the hoop or the stud earrings?" Beth asked, walking into the room with two different earrings on her. Instantly, I scowled at the hoops.

"Studs, for sure." I told her. Beth grinned at me and skipped out of the room. "You almost ready?" I asked Gee as she continued to try and perfect her fringe in my mirror. She brushed me off and I laughed at her, shaking my head. Grabbing my make-up bag, I walked into the bathroom and joined Jacey as we completely transformed ourselves.

"Selfie!" Jacey exclaimed suddenly as I finished applying my lipstick. She pulled her phone out from her bra and took pictures of the two of us pulling ridiculous poses. Laughing hysterically with her, I pulled my phone from my pocket and took a few mirror selfies with her.

"Let's grab the other girls," I said, checking myself in the mirror once more before leaving the bathroom and going in search of Beth and Gee. Once we found them, scavenging through Gee's makeup bag in search of red lipstick, we took a pile of stupid selfies. Just as I was about to put my phone back into my pocket, it buzzed with another message.

Sweeeet :-) where are you going?

Biting down on my bottom lip, I swiped open the message thread and sent a quick reply.

I'm not sure, to some bar or club anyway :)

Hitting send, I locked my phone in time to see Beth smirking on me. Rolling my eyes at her, I bit down on my lip and withheld a smile. Isn't it funny how one small thing can make a person so happy? The simplest of texts, the smallest of gestures from friends can make a person so happy.

***

That night when we went out, we couldn't get in anywhere because of our ages and the fact we didn't have recognisable Australian ID's. So, we ended up in McDonald's with Milkshakes and sharing a lot of fries. That evening, I got to know the girls better than some people I've known all my life. I know for a fact that I have made some friends that I'll never forget. There may be an end in friend but that doesn't mean the best of things have to finish. Not if you work hard enough at it.

That night, when we returned back to the apartment after our night out, I plugged my phone in and got ready to go to bed. When I laid in bed, just beginning to drift off to sleep, I got a message. Initially, my chest stung harshly. I hadn't been called that in so long but for some reason, Calum calling me Lee just felt... right. I felt like I was beginning to become the old me again. The happy, smiling person I used to be. That was the first night I fell asleep with a smile on my face. All thanks to Calum.

Goodnight Lee, sweet dreams x

--

Thanks for reading, i hope you enjoyed it :) These next couple of chapters may be short but they're filling in for something big that going to happen soon ;) Please comment and vote because i'll update faster, thanks for all your feedback!