2.1

0 Days Clean.

I kept my head lowered as Derek and I walked into the coffee shop. Fixing the bandana on my head, I glanced up at Derek, I looked away quickly when I noticed he was already looking at me.

“What would you like?” he asked me. Shaking my head, I began to open my bag when Derek caught my elbow. “My treat, because that Edward Scissorhands kept looking at you.” Derek said, a smile growing on his face. Withholding a smile, I closed up my bag again and subconsciously began playing with my fingers.

“An ice tea, if you don’t mind. Thanks Derek.” I smiled, following behind him as he ordered. Within ten minutes, our drinks were in hand and we were exiting the coffee shop. We began walking back to my apartment block in silence and when we got to the bottom of the road, I stopped up.

“Thanks for the drink,” I smiled at him, fixing my hair behind my shoulder.

“It’s no problem,” he smiled. An awkward silence followed and I glanced at the ground, scuffing the tip of my vans. Looking up again, I exhaled gently.

“See you tomorrow?” I said, sounding almost like a question. Derek replied with a small ‘See you,’ before he smiled and nodded, waving at me gently.

Turning around and walking up the hill, I sipped on my iced tea and waited the soothing feeling of a cool shower and being able to relax for the rest of the evening. When I opened the apartment door and walked in, I stiffened when I came face-to-face with Edward Scissorhands.

“Sorry,” I whispered, feeling all the confidence I had grown through the day deflating. Brushing past Michael, I ignored Beth on the couch and walked into my room. Putting the iced tea down on my nightstand, I exhaled deeply and gathered my things for a shower, hoping the other band members weren’t in the apartment too.

***

Sitting on the ground, I ran the straightener through my hair once more and let the last strand fall limp against my face. Glancing at the wet bandage on my wrist, I contemplated taking it off. How would I hide the cuts? Looking around my room, I saw the material of my green flannel in my wardrobe and sighed.

Taking off the clips, I slowly began to unwrap the bandage and kept my wrist facing down, not wanting to look at the scars. Throwing the bandage on the floor beside me, I grabbed the towel beside me and tentatively patted my wrist dry. Turning my wrist around, I felt my stomach drop.

Three gashes lined my wrist, they were red and throbbing, stinging slightly. I stared at my wrist for a moment, feeling disgusted with myself because of all the healed scars that lined my wrist and now the new ones. Shaking my head, I stood up and grabbed the flannel, pulling it on.

When I left my room, Gee and Calum were sitting on the couch and I felt my stomach drop. Are Ashton and Luke here? Walking into the kitchen, I got a glass of water and leaned against the counter, drinking it slowly. Suddenly Calum and Gee walked in, Gee sitting on the counter and Calum standing opposite to me.

“Hi,” I said quietly, putting the glass down on the worktop and pulling the right sleeve down further over my hand.

“He’s not here, Shan.” Gee told me quietly, sending me a sad smile. Nodding gently, the anxious feeling in my stomach reduced.

Just a little.

“Listen,” Calum breathed out. “You like the band, right?” he asked. Feeling intimidated, I nodded my head slowly. “Then just come to the show tonight, please.” Calum said quietly. Shaking my head, I stood up straight from the counter and just as I was about to make my way out of the room, Calum stood in front of me and wrapped his arms around me.

“Let me talk to you,” he said softly, my heart melting at the gesture. I stood still for a moment, contemplating my actions. Exhaling quietly, I looked down at my feet.

“Can we talk in my room?” I mumbled, surprised that Calum even heard me as he slowly removed his hands from around my body. I walked out of the kitchen with Calum following hot on my heels. When I opened the door to my bedroom, I glanced around quickly, making sure it was clean.

When I saw that the only thing on the ground was the towel that, thankfully covered the bandage, and one of my bandana’s that had fallen, I eased myself onto the bed and watched as Calum shut the door and came to sit beside me. The room fell silent, the only noise to be heard was our breaths mingling together and the erratic beating of my heart. I didn’t know what to do, and neither did Calum.

“Tell me everything,” Calum requested quietly, turning to look at me.

And I did. The walls I was beginning to build, I tore them down. I told Calum everything, absolutely everything. From Hayley and my past, to finding the band and Luke, to my parents.

I had never told anyone about my parents. Not even Luke.

-

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. please vote and comment what you think :) Also, there was a reason Shan's parents havent been calling her like you would expect, you're just going to have to wait and see why... thanks for everything guys :) plus, happy birthday to my brother :')