1.8

0 Days Clean.

As I opened my bedroom door, I sighed in relief when I saw the living room was empty. I was worried in case Luke or any of the boys for that matter stayed over last night. I just wanted to avoid everyone today and stay in my room. I didn’t even want to go to the boys’ final concert tonight.

Walking into the kitchen, I poured myself a glass of water and sipped it slowly, savouring as the liquid glided down my throat. Turning around, I saw my phone perched on the coffee table. Someone must have saw it yesterday after I threw it on that couch in the venue. Walking over and picking it up, I decided to head back into my room before any of the girls woke up.

I slipped back under the covers and unlocked my phone to see it was on 38%. Sighing, I quickly flicked through the hundreds of notifications that lined my screen. Unlocking my phone, I felt my heart well in my chest when I saw I had 58 missed calls and 207 text messages.

Clicking onto the phone icon, I saw the majority of calls were from Luke and Beth. Jacey and Gee’s name popped up too, along with a random number. Exiting my phone calls, I clicked onto the texts.

Luke’s thread appeared at the top, letting me know he was the last person to text me. Going through the other conversations, I saw that Gee, Jacey, Michael, and Ashton text me. They were all trying to get me to answer my phone. Opening up Beth’s thread, I scoffed as I read through the messages of her trying to get me to answer my phone and then apologising. Deleting her number, I exited her thread and stopped on Luke’s.

I sat contemplating for a moment, trying to decide whether or not to open the thread but eventually, curiosity got the better of me and I clicked into the messages. Scrolling up to the top of the thread, I flicked down until I saw the last time I messaged him. It was then, I started reading.

When are you going to get here?

Where are you

Where the hell are you

I’m sorry

Fuck Shanley where are you

Im so sorry, I didn’t mean it like this

Let me explain?

Please

Shanley please

Feeling tears well up in my eyes, I bit down on my lip and continued to read through the messages.