2.9

15 Days Clean.

The next morning when I woke up, I instantly knew something was wrong. My head was pounding and I could feel myself breaking out into a cold sweat. Cracking my eyes open tentatively, a plethora of tears sprung to my lids from the bright light coming from my window.

"Dammit..." I murmured, stuffing my head under the safety of my comforter. I lay still for a moment, trying to ease my headache. Suddenly, I felt my stomach drop and the acid began burning up through my throat. I was going to get sick.

Jumping out of the bed, I ran into the bathroom and lifted the seat of the toilet. Squatting down, I just grabbed onto the rim of the toilet when the bile escaped from my mouth. Thankfully, my hair was still up in the messy bun from last night except for a few stray strands.

Brushing the hair behind my ears, I wiped the tears from my eyes just before another round of bile escaped from my lips.

"Shit, Shan." An American accent said, walking into the bathroom. A hand was placed on my back and Gee pushed my hair from my face. A moment later when the acid stopped splurging from my throat, I sat back on the ground and leaned against the bath.

"You alright?" Gee asked me, flushing the toilet. Shaking my head, I took my hair down and tied it up again, making sure there was no loose strands hanging down on my face.

"I feel like shit," I murmured, pulling myself up so I could brush my teeth and use mouthwash.

"Do you want to go back to bed?" Gee asked me softly, looking at me in the mirror as I wiped my mouth. Nodding gently, I wiped my mouth and slowly made my way back to my bedroom.

***

Fingers drawing patterns on my waist, I felt myself slowly wake up from my deep sleep. The pounding in my head still remained, but thankfully my stomach had settled. Sighing gently, the trailing of fingers ceased and I suddenly became aware of a body radiating heat beside me.

"Mornin' sunshine," a deep Australian accent murmured. Shutting my eyes, I mentally cursed Luke.

"You shouldn't be lying this close to me, you've that show coming up." I said quietly, bringing my hand up and wiping my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me, completely ignoring my previous statement.

"Fine," I said passively, trying to ignore the aching in my head.

"Liar," Luke mumbled, allowing his hand to lay against my waist. We laid like that for what felt like hours, but in reality it was only twenty minutes or so.

"I need to go to the bathroom," I said softly, lifting myself from the bed. Pushing my hair from my face, I sat on the edge of the bed for a minute to allow my head a chance to calm down. The bed behind me moved and I turned around, seeing Luke for the first time today.

"Are you gonna get sick?" He asked me, making eye contact. Shaking my head, I smiled gently and stood up from the bed.

"I just need to use the toilet," I told him, walking out if my bedroom and into the bathroom.

"Here," Luke said, extending his hand towards me. Glancing down, I saw he had a glass of water and two pills in his hand. "It's obvious you've a headache, Lee." He said.

"Thanks," I said quietly, taking the pills and swallowing them down. I followed Luke into the kitchen and set the empty glass on the counter.

"Who told you I wasn't feeling great?" I asked gently, leaning against the counter.

"Beth went over to Michael and she told me, I got here about an hour and a half ago." He told me. Nodding my head, I shut my eyes momentarily.

"I'm gonna go sit on the couch," I said, ignoring Luke's movements around the kitchen. Walking back into the living room, I propped myself up on the couch and laid my head in my hands. As I began to settle down, I regretted not grabbing a blanket.

"You okay?" Luke asked softly, sitting down beside me on the couch. Nodding my head, I subconsciously felt myself shiver.

"I'm just going to get a blanket," I said, keeping my eyes shut to ignore the throbbing in my head. I slid my legs off the couch and sat on the edge for a moment, allowing my head to settle again. Just as I was about to stand up, a warm fabric was laid over my shoulders and a familiar scent wafted towards my nose.

"Lay back, Lee. You need to sleep the headache off." Luke said, helping me put on his hoodie. A warm feeling gathered in my chest, this time from Luke's gestures rather than my sickness.

"I'm sorry," I muttered, sitting back on the couch.

"Don't be," Luke said, pulling my body closer to his and allowing my head to rest against his chest. "Go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up." He said gently, his thumb running lengths over my shoulder. Nodding my head gently, I shut my eyes as the darkness usually helped relieve my headaches.

Within ten minutes, I felt myself drifting off to sleep, engulfed by the comforting smell of Luke's aftershave and his gentle touch on my shoulder. The TV was playing softly in the background and every so often, Luke's chest rose sharply as a gentle chuckle left his lips. The constant reminder of his presence was enough to send me into a deep sleep.

-

sorry this sucks, I wrote it when I was sick (yes that is where I got the idea lol) but I hope you enjoyed it, please comment and vote :)

but y'all should #vote5sos on twitter just sayin

Follow me on twitter if you like :) - @mxydayluke (yes mayday as in mayday parade baBIES)

Thanks guys!