1.3

107 Days Clean.

The month flew by quicker than I could have imagined. With each passing day, Calum and I spoke more and more. The boys’ album had come out last month and their tour became bigger, obviously gaining lots of new fans from its release. In the month, Calum and I had grown unbelievably close. About a week after I found out I was meeting the band, I found the courage to tell him about my past. I explained everything to him, the accident, my self-harm and Luke. I told him every detail of that night and how much the band has helped me.

Calum was surprised at first but thankfully didn’t hold anything against me, at least I don’t think so. He also got a girlfriend, Claire, and I’ve never seen him happier. Even though Calum and I had been talking for what seemed like forever, I developed no romantic feelings towards him and I was ecstatic when he told me about Claire. I had only seen pictures of her on her twitter page because the media couldn’t know, exactly like Beth and Michael.

Beth and I have also grown closer in the month that passed. We spent a lot of time together because we both had similar working hours but we were still close with Gee and Jacey. Things were finally starting to fall into place and the fact that I was meeting the boys tomorrow always caused a smile to grow on my face.

We had decided not to go to the concert on the first date, just to go backstage afterwards and meet the boys. Usually the Meet and Greets were held beforehand but because the boys had press that morning, it was scheduled for after the show at eight. However, we were going to the concert on the 20th. We just had to act as if we were fans and we didn’t know the boys.

“Shan!” Beth bellowed, standing up from the couch, I walked back towards her room and knocked gently on the door. “It’s open, now get your skinny ass in here and help me.” Shaking my head at her, I pushed the door open and was instantly hit by the smell of a hundred different perfumes and a very distressed looking Beth.

“What is it?” I asked her, glancing at her I realised she was literally torn in half. “What the hell…”

“I can’t decide which look I want to go for tomorrow. Do I want to look like the over-exaggerated, desperate fangirl or the petty little virgin who’s afraid to show some skin? I can’t have people know I’m dating Mikey, what do I do?” She groaned, plopping down on her bed. Shaking my head at her, I assessed her outfit. She was wearing a skirt, a crop top, a flannel, one black heel, one red Converse, one side of her hair was curled, and the other straightened, one hoop earring and one stud.

“Jeez Beth,” I exhaled, shaking my head. “Wear the skirt, top, no flannel, Converse and curl your hair. Don’t sweat it dude, you’re already dating him.” I instructed her, watching as she removed the heel and replaced it with the other Converse. She then took off the flannel and inspected herself in the mirror.

“You’re right, thanks Shan.” She said, walking towards me and engulfing me in a hug. Replying with a no problem and a smile, I exited her room and decided to go for my shower now, just to make things less stressful in the morning.