0.6

60 Days Clean.

Walking out of my room, I entered the bathroom and splashed water on my face. It was Thursday morning, past noon. I had no work and I honestly just wanted to lay in bed all day. I walked into the living room and saw Gee sitting down, watching TV. Jacey was in the kitchen pouring herself a bowl of cereal. Gee was all dressed up, wearing a dress and heels. Jacey was in her work uniform. Thinking that my denim shorts and green flannel were suitable, I slipped my vans on my feet and walked into the kitchen.

"Morning," I said to Jacey yawning. Jacey turned around and smiled at me.

"Good morning," she replied. "Sleep well?" nodding, I walked over to the cupboard and took out a bowl and a cup. Pouring myself a cup of coffee, I added milk until it was to my satisfaction and took a sip.

"How about you?" I asked, taking the box of cereal from the table and pouring them into the bowl. Jacey shrugged at me and brushed her hair over her shoulder.

"I woke up hella early because I have to cover the early shift." She groaned out, waiting for me to finish getting my food. Chuckling at her, we walked into the living room to see Beth perched on the couch beside Gee.

"Morning," Beth groaned out, yawning. She walked into the kitchen and we all greeted her before sitting down to our breakfast.

"Where are you going all dressed up?" Jacey asked Gee suddenly, only noticing her tight green dress.

"The shelter is opening a new unit so, it's not necessarily open today. We're having this big ceremony thing," Gee explained to us, sipping her cup of coffee. Beth stood up and walked into the kitchen, probably to get some food.

"Nice," I commented, taking a spoon of cereal. Gee nodded and turned her attention back to the tv. It was funny really, four teenage girls living together and none of us are morning people. Conversation is always pushed in the morning, always.

"Shan, do you want to go somewhere today?" Beth asked me, walking back into the living room with toast. Nodding my head, I swallowed my mouthful of cereal before replying.

"Sure," I said, raising my hand to my mouth and wiping at my lips. Beth smiled at me and raised her eyebrows. Nodding back at her simply, I shot her a grateful smile. It had been a while since I had a breakdown like that. It was April 4th when I relapsed. I promised myself that would be the last time I would ever lay a blade to my skin.

"Shan?" Gee said, snapping my out of my train of thought. Shooting my head up to look at her, she laughed at me gently and shook her head.

"Jacey and I are going now," she informed me, making me think that this wasn't the first time she had told me this. Shaking my head, I pushed my hair from my face and smiled.

"Sorry, I'll see you later." I said, waving at her and then at Jacey. Jacey shot me a smile and then they exited, leaving Beth and I alone.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked, placing my coffee mug down on the table. Beth bit down on her lip and sent me a small smile.

***

"Thank you," I smiled to the woman behind the counter, taking my drink from her grasp. Punching a straw through the cut area of the plastic covering, I took a sip of the iced tea. Looking up at Beth, I saw her chewing on her lip anxiously, looking at her phone.

"You alright?" I asked her, walking closer to her. Beth's gaze instantly snapped up to meet mine and she locked her phone. I chuckled at her actions.

"Yeah I'm fine," she said, slipping her phone into her pocket. "Listen Shan, I have to tell you something..." she said, causing an anxious knot to grow in my stomach. Taking another sip of my iced tea, I sat down at the table beside her.

"Sure, what's up?"

"Beth?" the waitress called, setting Beth's drink down on the pickup counter. Beth sighed and stood up, taking her milkshake and grabbing a straw. Beth walked back over to our table and sat down across from me, punching her straw into the plastic covering.

"Woah, okay." Beth signed out nervously. I watched as she fiddled with her cup, obviously wasting time.

"Just spit it out, Beth. You're making me nervous." I told her, smiling weakly.

"Okay," she said, shutting her eyes momentarily before opening them again. "You know my boyfriend, Michael?" she said. Nodding, I took another sip of my drink.

"You know him." She said. Raising my eyebrows, a shot her a smile.

"Really? How?" the knot that had begun to grow in my stomach was now diminished. I was just going to meet her boyfriend.

"I-Its Michael Clifford," she said. I stared at her in disbelief. She refused to make eye contact with me. Unknownst to myself, I began to laugh.

"And I'm secretly dating Luke." I said, my laughing growing louder. Beth looked at me and sighed, taking her phone from her pocket. After a moment, she handed it to me.

"Flick through them," she told me. Glancing up at her, I felt my heart begin to beat faster.

Every picture was of her and Michael. There was pictures of them together through many of Michael's hair stages. Including the brown/blonde he currently had. There was pictures of them on nights out, pictures of just Michael alone and a picture of them hugging surrounded by people. At an airport. Feeling my breathing grow heavier, I laid the phone down on the table.

"Are you like... Are you serious about this? Like, you're not joking?" I asked, disbelief evident in my voice. Beth shook her head and smiled weakly at me. She took her phone from the table and after a moment handed it back to me. It was twitter. A direct message conversation with Michael Clifford. The verified account. @Michael5SOS.

We're at Panda Express HAHAHAHAHA

Why couldn't you text me that? You're such a nerd

The boys think I'm following fans, shh

THEN STOP TWEETING ME YOU ASSHOLE AND FOLLOW FANS

Fine :( Call you later?

Sure :)

Talk to you then baby x

I felt my heart stop beating. My friend is dating Michael Clifford. She knows 5 Seconds of Summer. She knows my sunshine.

Looking back up at Beth, I handed her the phone dumbfounded. I was at a complete loss for words.

"Holy fuck..." I breathed out. Beth nodded slowly and gave me a minute to process everything. "How long have you been together?" I asked quietly, my iced tea now laying idle on the table.

"Two and a half years," she replied, taking a sip of her milkshake. My eyes grew as big as golfballs and I lounged back in my chair, breathing out heavily.