Prologue

"Where is the alpha!? I want it alive! No bloodstains, no bruises, and not even a scratch." Gustavo looked at his young naive army who are blinded by the power he promised. "Hunt him down, but bring him here breathing. I want my crown to be painted by his blood," the man spoke in his deep voice.

His gray-clawed hands clenched. His red eyes shot a piercing gaze at the young-looking man in front of him. The scar on the left eye of the fanged monster represented all of his pain from the past.

"Do you understand, Estefano?" He said in his calmest way. He licked the tip of his sharp fangs. The low grumble vibrated in his throat together with his long sigh.

Estefano, on the other hand, ran his right hand through his long black hair and took a deep sigh. He gestured his hands. Their army then marched out of the abandoned gothic church. He clicked his tongue before he speaks.

"He wouldn't be pleased if he finds out—"

Gustavo's deep grumble cut his words.

"We already let a hundred to go find that unknown alpha. Dammit."

"A hundred!?" Gustavo's voice growled at the abandoned gothic church.

"Is that how you keep your king"

"We don't have that much of people. Are you out of your mind—" A deadly glare from the man sitting on the throne made Estefano swallow his words.

Gustavo stood up and gripped his neck, "Do you not understand me?" He lifted Estefano. The sound of cracked flooring echoes on the cold wall as he took his every step.

"I," he gasped for air and gripped Gustavo's wrist strangling his throat, "...understand you, Sir," Estafano said in a strangled voice. He cannot breathe anymore. "Send five hundred more! Move!" he yells.

The step of the rushing young vampires echoes in the dimmed room.

***

:>