XXXIII

Clarkson

"Clark." I hear George's voice on the other line.

"Georgina?" I ask and frown. I can feel how scared she was even when we were far from each other.

"I saw a crescent keychain here, with emeralds on it. Is this yours?"

"Y-yes! I'll go back," I exclaim while eating a taco.

"I can hand this to you tomorrow at the campus."

"No!" I exclaim. "It's important to me."

"A-alright. Where are you right now?"

"I'm here in the taco place near your apartment," I say while taking a bite from the taco.

"The one near the playground?"

I hum and take a big bite.

"Okay. I might be there after 10 minutes"

"Alright. Thanks, George," I say before she ends the call.

"Mr. Bailey," I hear a deep voice greets me coldly.

My gray gaze meets his cold blue eyes, "Mr. Greyson."

Ah, yes. I almost forgot why I'm here. I received a text from him saying that we have to meet.

'Let's meet.

-Jared'

He might have used his position at the university to check my contacts.

He sits down in front of me. "Aren't you tired of wandering around the mortal's world?" he asks.

I smile bitterly as I run the fingers of my free hand through my hair. "Well, aren't you tempted to suck the neck of those wandering mortals on this world?"

He chuckles as if I said something funny. "Stop hiding, my dear puppy. I can break your neck with my hands."

"I can kill you in one bite," I spat.

"If only I'm a pureblood," he laughs. "I have fangs too, little pup–"

"I guess you have clarified everything, Mr. Greyson." I stand up, but he grips my arm.

He pushes down my shoulders aggressively. But I punch him in his face. A hiss escapes from his mouth. He punches my stomach, which made me fall to my knees. The sole of his black leather shoe hits the side of my face.