XVI

George

"Red!"

"What are you doing?" Shane asks through gritted teeth.

She pulls my wrist, but it doesn't stop me from walking towards him. He gave me sleepless nights. He made me never want to go outside even more. I notice that he slows down a bit and stops. He stands at the center of the hallway. He takes a deep breath before facing me.

"Good morning, Miss," He pushes his glasses up to the bridge of his nose. He stares at me with a cold blue gaze while he speaks.

Miss.

"It is written in the student handbook. It is on page 23, The Rules and Regulations, on line 32. No yelling in the corridor and in libraries. Where do you think you are? This is a University, Miss." His serious stare intimidates me and sends chills down my spine. "I presume you have read it, right?"

I slowly nod. Even though I don't have a copy of the student handbook.

Student handbook? I didn't get mine.

"What did you just shout? Red? Is that your favorite color, Miss?"

"Yeah. We played truth or dare, Sir," Shane tries to save me from this mess. "I dared her to yell her favorite color."

But, my favorite color is blue.

"Well, let us talk about that at my office, green eyes. Now," he says in authority.

Looking down, I follow him. I glance at Shane, who looks at me with concerned eyes.

"Be respectful of others, Miss Alvares. You are not the only person in this university for you to shout like that," I hear him say. Other students look at us as we make our way to his office.

"Sorry, Ja–" I sigh. "Mr. Greyson."

I walk behind him. I watch his back. Authority can be seen just in the way he walks. His dress shirt is stretched at his shoulders. He walks with steps. I take bigger steps and try to follow his pace. He turns left and enters his office.

He quickly grabs my shoulders as soon as I enter the room. He made me face him. I look up at him with wide eyes. I hear him lock the wooden door where I rest my back. I see how he clenches his jaw. He touches the side of my face and closes his eyes. He takes a deep breath and heaves a sigh.

"I missed you," he says breathlessly. "I tried to stop myself. But, I can't help but miss you." His intimidating stare changes. Longing dominates the emotion in his eyes.

I am mesmerized by him. Looking at him this close makes me realize how beautiful this man is. I adore his unreal features. The long strands of his blond hair dangle at his forehead and touch the top of my head. I am out of words and get distracted by his manly scent. He is just one breath away from me.