XIII

George

"Jared!"

I knock on my neighbor's door. My reddish knuckles bang on the door. My aggressive knocks resonate in the apartment.

I hear a groan. Looking up, the light in his bedroom switches on.

Soon after, the front door opens.

"George?" the blond man asks in his husky morning voice.

Husky 3 a.m. voice if that makes sense.

I stare at him and smile like crazy.

"What are you doing here at three in the morning?" he asks and rubs his eyes with his fingers.

"You," I say while pointing at his bare chest.

Jared stiffens at the sudden contact.

He inhales. His eyebrows furrow.

"You're drunk," he concludes.

"You left," the girl says.

"So what?" the man asks and raises an eyebrow.

I take a few steps forward while he steps back a bit.

His blue gaze stares at me. He wets his lower lip and looks away.

"Dammit," he curses under his breath. "Why on earth are you here?"

Trailing my gaze down to the man's body, I realize that he is not wearing anything aside from navy blue sweatpants. My eyes widen. My mouth gapes open. I hold her mouth and gasp dramatically after seeing the man's muscular features.

I open the palm of my cold hands to check if it is all real.

"Don't," the sapphire eyes of him glare at me while he swats my hands away.

"I just want to check–"

"Check what!?" he yells in confusion. Panic is painted all over his face. "Don't you dare to lay a finger on me!"

I keep on stepping forward, while the blue-eyed man keeps on stepping back. Because of this, both of us have entered the house.

"Get the fuck out of here!" he growls.

He stumbles and falls on his back. He is lying on the couch while I land on his bare chest. The side of my face smacks his chest as he groans in pain.