XXXI

George

"Hi!"

I am surprised after seeing Stacey standing at my front door. She wears a loose plain black shirt tucked in a pair of gray distressed high-waisted shorts. Her blonde hair is tied up in a ponytail.

"Will this be my regular morning? Seeing someone standing at my front door?" I mumble.

"You have class?" she asks while tilting her head to the side.

"Yeah, I have class. It's your boyfriend's," I quickly say and make my way to my car.

"Oh," She says. "See you later!" she yells.

"Okay!" I mindlessly yell back before sitting in the driver's seat.

"See you later!"

"See you later?" I mumble. "What does she mean by that?" I mumble before starting the engine.

"Good morning. I realized that I didn't introduce myself to you guys yet. I'm Stacey. Mister Greyson is still on his leave. The usual, do your tasks and put them on his desk. Is that clear?" Stacey says in a serious tone.

"Yes, Ma'am," they respond.

The petite blonde girl looks around. The side of her lips rises after seeing me sitting in front. She lightly waves her hand and then faces the class.

"I'll go now," she says with authority.

Shane nudges my arm. Her deep brown eyes still follow Stacey's back. "You know her?" Shane asks.

"Yeah," I simply nod. "Jared's girlfriend," I casually say, focusing on our new activity.

I hope that stops her from teasing me.

"For real?!" Shane asks and slams her desk.

"Damn, could you please stop that 'slamming the desk' thing!?" my voice rises.

"Sis, calm down," she says. She dramatically sighs. "I'm just surprised that you're not the girlfriend, Georgie," she adds, biting the tip of her pencil to stifle a smile.

Are you serious?

Clarkson, on the other hand, is focusing on our new task. He still receives harsh comments from Jared. He rolls the sleeves of his plain maroon hoodie.

"This is–" A sigh of defeat escapes his mouth. He runs his fingers through his red locks in frustration.

"Hey," I turn and face him. "You can do this, okay?"