I

George

"There are people who come into your life and leave," I say as I stare at the friendship bracelet that Emy gave me.

"And now that we are, finally, graduating. I hope that we'll learn more from those people that we'll encounter in the next part of our lives. This is just the beginning of our life, our journey," I pause and scan the following words.

"As C. S. Lewis says, 'There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind," my eyes scan the speech that I wrote.

"We will be entering a whole different journey," I continue. My gaze lands on Shane. She waves at me and smiles.

"Nervous, excited, anxious..."

I look at Andrew, my boyfriend. I shift my gaze to my Aunt who has been taking photos of me the moment I stand on the stage.

"Whatever that journey is, I hope, I really hope we find who we are, do what we want, and find our true happiness," I smile as the last sentence of my speech escaped from my mouth.

Everyone applauds as I walk down the stage.

"Cheers!"

Everyone raises their glasses of beer while I raise a glass of iced tea.

"Hey, George. Congrats!" Jeremy exclaims. He holds another glass of beer and hands it to me.

"You know I don't drink," I smile. My gaze shifts to Andrew.

"Come on. Just one."

"Jere—" Drew is interrupted by his best friend.

"Just one."

"Fine." I drink the beer in his hand. The bitterness remains in my throat.

"Ugh, I don't get it. Why do you even drink this?" I complain.

They chuckle as they drink theirs.

"Oohhh, a word of wisdom from our rank one student," Jeremy says in a dramatic gasp.

"Yaasss, so, how's the feeling of giving an ending speech, huh? Huh?" Shane asks and nudges my elbow.

"Well—"

"Shh, shh, everyone, shut up. She's speaking–" Andrew covers Jeremy's mouth.

"You shut up," Andrew says and looks at me while giving me a teasing smile. "Go ahead, Miss rank number one," he says and chuckles.