XXVIII

Jared

The sole of my black leather shoe smoothly steps on the brake as I stop in front of a tall and huge gothic metal gate.

Bloodhart.

"Card," a female lady in an all-black uniform speaks with authority.

I chuckle and show my golden card to her. "I see, you are not aware of my... assistant's car," I speak with my deep voice, more like a threat to them.

"Young master!" The woman exclaims after seeing my card with my neatly written name on it.

'Dmitri Bloodhart'

"We are sorry, Sir! I guess this is the new car she was talking about," she hurriedly commands the two men to open the huge gate. "Open the gate. Quickly!" she commands while clapping.

"Enjoy your stay!" the lady yells and waves.

They didn't get a chance to see my face since I'm wearing a black face mask. The black cap I'm wearing is shadowing the upper part of my face. I'm not supposed to be roaming here after all.

The warmth of the rays of light touched my skin. Looking around, you can see a couple of people–or should I say dhampirs, leisurely walking on our very own California. As soon as the darkness eats the sky, this peaceful city with accommodating 'morning citizens' will turn into a Vampire's Las Vegas, Nevada. The empty vintage benches and the wide paved sidewalks will be full of the young blood-suckers after dusk. Two roads are intersecting. The massive golden statue of my mother at the intersection of the road greets everyone who'll enter the empire. The middle road is where our castle is. The other road on the right is leading to full vampires. I move the car to the left where my favorite citizens are. Daywalkers. Dhampirs. Half-bloods. There are not many daywalkers. That is why this area of the kingdom is way more peaceful than the vampires.

"Bloody afternoon!" an energetic young female voice greets me. "Welcome to Deep Red Café!"

"Iced Americano," I say as soon as I get to the counter.

"Iced Americano, coming right up!" the young female claps. "With Pig, Cow-"

"None, I already had my blood intake earlier this afternoon," I quickly answer.

"Okay, sir! Iced Americano, plain!" she yells.

None of them see me as that elite vampire prince since I'm still wearing my blue-eyed disguise. But we are all aware that everyone here is either a blood-sucker or a day-walker.

The smell of freshly brewed coffee lingers around the small space. I sit on the same old rustic round wooden chair that serves as my escape from my elite life. Looking around, I see that only a couple of customers are in the small café.