IX

George

It has been a week since Aunt Liz attended her business trip. Surprisingly, I was fully awake at six in the morning.

Silence.

I stood up and went downstairs. Aside from my apartment becoming clean, nothing has changed. The usual alone self, but I felt something was missing. I saw Aunt Liz's duplicate key.

Jared.

I went downstairs. Dancing to my playlist, I cooked a pancake, egg, and bacon. I ate my breakfast while listening to my playlist. Subconsciously, I looked outside the window and saw Jared's house.

"Seriously, Georgina. Why are we doing this? Why?" I grunt as I walk out of the house holding a plate of food.

"Hah," I sigh.

"I have to thank him," I answer, partly convincing myself. 

I'm here again, standing in front of Red's door. I knock, but no one responded. I tr turning the doorknob and heard it click open.

"Red?"

Silence.

I enter the house. I walk on tiptoes.

Looking around, I realized how neat Jared was. Everything was in place. None of his clothes were scattered on the floor. The table was nicely decorated with some cacti and plants in small decorative pots. In the kitchen, an empty sink greeted me

"Wow," I whisper.

Wait, am I trespassing?

My eyebrows rise. "Nah," I shake my head and looked around.

This is Aunt Liz's apartment. He was just renting it.

"We still own this place," I whisper to myself.

"Right?" I whisper to myself once again.

Why are you whispering then?

I put the plate on the dining table. A bottle of red wine was resting on the table. There's also a glass of red wine. I went upstairs and saw his bedroom door. The door was partly open. I peek in.

"There's no one in here either," I whisper and enter the room.

"Woah," I am amazed at how he transformed the bedroom into a small office with a bed.

Where is he?

The bathroom door flew open.

"What in the world are you doing here?" Jared's deep voice rings in my ear.