XXXVI

George

Shane's loud laugh echoes in the dining hall. She slaps the table. Almost everybody looks at us. Clarkson and I are just staring at her laughing face. She sits at the opposite side of the table. I roll my eyes. The grip on my burger tightens.

"You're saying that," she breathes out and laughs again.

To my anger, I place the burger in her open mouth. Clarkson's eyes widen. He immediately pulls me back to my seat. Shane coughs and removes the burger from her mouth.

"What the fuck was that!?" she exclaims.

"I'm damn serious, Shane!" I yell.

"You're saying that Jared's a vampire–"

"Keep your voice low. He might hear you," I nervously say and look around.

"Alright, alright," she whispers. "And he is a werewolf?" she points at Clarkson.

I nod.

"Do you want me to prove it?" Clarkson asks innocently.

Shane raises an eyebrow.

"It's true!" I glare at her.

This is why I don't want to tell this to anyone. But I can't hide this anymore. I ask Clarkson if it's alright and he agreed.

Clarkson holds her hands. He rolls the sleeves of his black hoodie.

"W-What are you doing?" she nervously asks.

"Oh my... gosh," Shane's eyes widen. I look down and see that his arms are now covered with reddish-brown fur.

"Do you want me to show you my full form?" Clarkson tilts his head to the side, showing his veiny neck.

"No, please. I'm sorry," Shane looks down.

He let go and hurriedly rolls down the sleeves of his clothes. I hear him breathe heavily.

"Don't be sorry," Clarkson smiles. "It's quite unbelievable to hear that we are real since we shouldn't be wandering in mortal's place," Clarkson casually says.

"Okay," Shane wipes her sweat. "So...Jared's hunting him?"

I nod.

"Then, why did you bring him here!?" she panics.

"He insisted," I glare at Clarkson. "He said that he has to be with me. All the time."