VI

George

A series of knocks on my door echoes in my apartment. I run to open the door. My eyes widen when I saw him standing outside my apartment. His hair is disheveled. There are huge bags under his eyes.

Drew.

"Drew?" I stammer.

"George," his eye shines. Tears form at the corner of his eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

"I missed you," he pulls me for a tight hug.

"What the hell are you doing?" I grunt and push him off me.

"Oh, how I miss you so bad, my hot-headed girlfriend."

"Ex-girlfriend," I correct him and add emphasis to the word. I step back.

"Three weeks," he sighs and enters the house. "Since our...our–"

He holds my wrist.

"Let go of me, Andrew," I command.

"Andrew," he scoffs. "It's painful to hear that name from your mouth," he sighs and let goes off my wrist.

I enter the kitchen to make my coffee. I hear his footsteps follow me.

"Get out. I don't want to see your face."

"George, please just hear me out. I love-"

I laugh bitterly. "You've done this for the fourth time. Four is enough. That's more than enough."

He was my first love. Now, he is my first heartbreak. I show him my weaknesses. He saw my fragile side. He takes care of me even though I am stubborn and moody sometimes.

Maybe he got tired of me.

Maybe it is my fault.

But he could've ended it in another way.

He could've told me properly that he doesn't want me anymore. That could've been much better. I changed myself. I try to be more understanding and less of an insecure and jealous girlfriend. I believed him.

But he did this.

"You kissed her. Both of you liked it. I saw the smile on your face, and you are dumb enough to forget that your girlfriend was just outside the restaurant," I coldly speak.

"George."

"What!?" I yell in frustration.

"Um, hear me out"

"Andrew, I told you we're over. How many times do I have to tell you that?"

I hear him sigh. His tears fall. I look away. This is the first time I see him in a defeated state.

"A-are you hungry? I know a new place."

"Drew, please," I cry. Tears rush down my cheeks.

"George, please. Just let me do this to you for the very last time. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know how to explain everything. But George, I'm begging you."

Silence is my only response to him. I wipe the tears that rush down my cheeks.

"Let's at least put an end to us in a good way. I don't want to lose a great friend, George," he says. His voice cracks. "I'm sorry. I really do. I lost my mind and did that shit."