Chapter 2 ~ Kindness?

TW: Swearing, guns, hospital stuffs, mentions of killing

Dream's POV:

I can hear yelling in closing in on us and the odds aren't in our favor. But that's never stopped me before. I glance to my left to see Sapnap faltering, he looks to be getting tired and I can't blame him. It feels like we've been running away from the police for hours.

"Stop now or WE'LL SHOOT!" One of the idiots yelled.

Yeah yeah, we get it, you have guns and we currently don't. I could see the fear in Sapnap's eyes but he needs to trust me, when have I ever gotten him hurt.......okay maybe he should be worried.

I can see a turn in the alley coming up, "We're going right!" I yell across to Sapnap and I see him give a small nod. Saying those few words leaves me out of breath. Just before we make the turn a bullet skims my left cheek, dammit that'll scar! Not my beautiful face, so sad. Though I'm surprised they actually shot, usually they're to scared.

We round the corner and I can see a familiar door leading to one of our secret passage ways. There will be plenty of weapons in there to defend ourselves. Then I can finally go home and sleep, that sounds really nice.

Sapnap runs ahead of me and unlocks the door by scanning his finger. I hear a gunshot and quickly realize the bullet is headed for Sapnap's head. I instinctively hold out my arm to block it. Dumb idea. The pain of the bullet ripping through my skin shocks me and the last thing I remember is Sapnap's scream.

~+~

Someone needs to turn the lights off. I groan and lift my arm towards my head that has a pounding headache. It hurts to think.

"DREAMIE!! YOU'RE AWAKE!!!" Sapnap screams.

"Shut the fuck up man, you're so loud," I retort back. I finally gather the courage to open my eyes and when I do the lights feel like they're burning a hole through my head, "Is there any way you can turn off the lights?"

"Oh yeah, for sure," Sapnap jumps up from where he was sitting and turned off the lights. I let out a sigh of relief, that feels a lot better.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Well your dumbass got shot and you've been out for a couple days," Sapnap chuckles, "Thank you, you saved me from being killed."

I open my eyes slightly to glare at him, "I'm asking about after I blacked out."

"Ohhhhhhh, yeah," Sapnap rubs a hand behind his neck out of embarrassment, "It went how you would expect. I killed all the officers and carried you here."

I took a deep breath, "Thank for getting me out of there."

Sapnap gave me a small nod then we descended into awkward silence. I look down at my arm and see that it's not in a cast, must not have been that bad then. I tried to move it but immediate pain shot across my arm.

"Careful with that, the doctor said you'll need a sling so you don't hurt it any more," He informs me. I rolled my eyes, he could've told me earlier. All of a sudden my eyes start to drop so I succumb to sleep, I'm so tired.

~+~

A loud slam jolts me awake. I see my mom standing in the doorway, glaring daggers at me. Goddamn, what did I do this time? Why is she always so aggresive?

"YOU GOT HURT!?" She yells at me as she stalks over to my sick bed, "Do you know how far back this puts us? We're losing good money by you being hurt!"

I scoff, of course she cares more about the money then my health. Typical.

"You wanted to see me?" Sapnap jogs into the room, immediately addressing my mom. He bows slightly then sits down. 

"Now that we're all here we can start," she takes a breath, "I need you two to go to school."

I raise my eyebrow at that. School? That sounds so boring and not as 'productive' as mom always likes to do things.

"Not to socialize and learn, obviously. I heard that the son of the Blade Clan goes there so I need you two to find out who it is and kill him. I want to be the best!!!" She cackles. Mom's name is Amanda and she's crazy. She's so obsessed with being better than the Blade's. 

There's got to be something more than this. Being heir to this clan seems like running in constant circles for power, seeing Amanda like this is tiring. I've got to believe there's something more or else I might go insane. I don't know what it is but I believe destiny will lead me somewhere good. I have nothing else to hope fore. Some things are just destined to happen.

But the son of the Blade Clan??!! That guy is crazy, no one knows what he looks like, let alone his whereabouts. How did she get that information? Also, it's rumored that the son is incredible and has never lost or gotten a scratch from any fight. They say he's a psycho.

They say he's emotionless

They say he's powerful

They say he's unkillable

-----------------------------

I HAVE TOO MANY IDEAS! It's crazy how excited I am about this book. It's definitely not going to be as long as my other books but still just as exciting. Thank you for reading! :D have a nice day/night!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 897