Chapter 6 ~ Terror

TW: Mention of torture

Dream's POV:

Oh my god I'm so stupid! I managed to make Techno even more angry than before! I've had my moments in the past but none of them measure up to this. I've possibly ruined the small chance I had with the pinkette. Sap and I were walking home to meet with my mom, I sighed for the millionth time.

"Dude you need to stop sighing, you might lose all your breath!" Sapnap laughed at me.

"Shut up, I'm just tired," I brush off his laughter, "The more important issue is what we're going to tell Amanda."

"Bro, why don't you just call her your mom?" Sapnap decided to ignore the real issue at hand.

"That's none of your business," I snap. I don't mean to be rude but it's a touchy topic. She hasn't been what most would call a 'mother'.

"And to answer your other question, we sh-"

Sapnap got interrupted by Amanda yelling from the open front door, "Hurry up! I don't have time for your slow walking! Walk faster!"

I rolled my eyes once she turned her back and we jogged up to the house. Amanda was already inside and weaving through the long and confusing corridors of the mansion. Sapnap ran ahead of me to try and not lose her. Eventually we stopped at her office where she was already sitting behind the desk.

"So, tell me everything."

I looked over at Sapnap in hopes he would know how to twist our story because she would not be happy with, 'oh we made some friends'. I reallyyyyy hope Sap knows what he's doing.

"Um yeah. So when we got there the principal greeted us and gave us a full length tour of the entire school. She tried to teach us how to remember the confusing hallways and the number system for the rooms. That tour took the whole day so we didn't even get to meet any of the students," Sapnap recounted exactly what had happened.

Amanda crosses her arms, "That's fine for now, I understand how huge that school is. But tomorrow that won't be enough. I need some progress."

She gave each of us a glare to prove she was serious, "You can go to your rooms now."

With no hesitation me and Sapnap raced upstairs to our room. We shared a room which was split half and half. One half was painted green for me and the other side was fire red for Sapnap. The two aesthetics clashed considerably but we make it work..... admittedly it's also not the most pleasant thing to look at but it's ours.

When we entered the room Sapnap falls onto his bed and immediately starts whining, "Why is she so scary~???"

I move to sit down, calmly unlike some people, on my bed, "What kind of results do you think she wants?"

"I don't know~~~."

"You're not very helpful"

"Well you're not helping either!"

I sigh and run my hands down my face, "We need more time! How can she expect us to find someone who's been so well hidden for 16 years, in one day!??"

"I don't know man, we're royally screwed," Sapnap changes his position and lies face down on the bed. He then proceeds to scream into a pillow.

"What about a suspect list? Maybe just choose a couple people who look suspicious?" I eye Sap who has now stopped screaming to see his reaction, "That might be good right?"

Sapnap moves his head to look at me and we make eye contact, he breaks out into a grin, "You're a genius! I could hug you right now!"

"Please don't," I deadpan. He gives me a fake pout and flops back down on his bed.

"What do you think the consequences will be if we can't find the son?" Sapnap whispers in a serious voice. The mood in the room completely shifts from lighthearted to heavy.

"Let's not mess up then......so we don't have to find out," I rest my arms behind my head and stare at the blank ceiling. Amanda is extremely unpredictable, the consequences could be anything from isolation torture to cleaning duty for a couple days.

---

i could see only darkness, no furniture, no lights

i could explore but i was too terrified of what i might find

the only sounds were the faint clicks of metal chains

the only pain was the soft throbbing on my wrists

my mind playing back what had happened

my mind telling me it was my fault 

it wasn't

it never was

the room was dark

the room was cold

the room was familiar

the room was supposed to be my friend

---

We need to find this guy

My life may depend on it

------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! It's way to early in this story for me to have writers block but here we are. Hopefully that means I won't get another but that's probably wishful thinking.... so sorry for the late update! Have a nice day/night!!!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 800