Chapter 10 ~ Boxing

TW: None

Dream's POV:

Today was the day. The week had officially ended and I needed to give Amanda something. She would kill me if I didn't get any information, she would also kill me if I give her bad information. Basically I'm screwed either way. I've been so focused on Techno this past week that I probably have crap evidence. Not like Sapnap is helping that much, I wish he would but he's to swept up with Karl. I swear that arson man is going to be the death of me.

I approach Amanda's office and slowly open the door, praying that she isn't inside. It seems like my prayers have been answered because a silence covers the room, clearly she hasn't been here in a while. I should probably find her but I really don't want to.

I release a dramatic sigh and start to walk to corridors of my house. It doesn't feel like home though, just a concrete building meant to trap me inside. It belongs to other people as well, the bodyguards that protect us, still not mine. Meant to cage me from any normal experiences in life, to strip me of my childhood. Going to school has been the only thing that has been even remotely close to having a normal childhood.

Quiet thuds break me from my depressing thoughts and I follow the sound until I reach the gym. I roll my eyes, I should've known she would be here. Whenever she isn't tormenting other people she's in the gym tormenting the punching bag.

I enter the room and see that she's completely engrossed in her workout. I just stand there for a little bit because I don't want to talk to her.

Without looking at me she says, "Are you going to say something of use? You're interrupting me."

Damn it. I should've waited before talking to her, "Umm yeah. You said you wanted the reports from this week?" I test the waters a bit, wondering if she actually wants to listen to me.

Amanda stops punching and turns to me with a hand on her hip and demands, "I did. Tell me."

I take a deep breath and try to say this as eloquently as possible to save face, "This whole week Sapnap and I were observing the various types of students, starting to narrow down the ones that looked the most out of place and created a list of some people you might want to look into since we don't have the access to resources to do that by ourselves." I unloaded my bullshitting. Then I took out a piece of paper and handed it to her.

She narrowed her eyes at the list then crumpled it and threw it across the room, "I thought I taught you better than that?! How could you screw up so bad?!!"

I scoff, "Taught me what?! I did what I thought was best."

"Well you're wrong! You need to do better, perform higher." Amanda sneered, accusingly pointing at me while her voice was filled with so much hatred. She walks up to me and I stood my ground, not wanting to show any weakness in front of her. We were inches from each other as we glared at each other. Amanda takes a step back and I think she's surrendered but she quickly raises her hand and slaps me across the face. The force throws me to the ground and I sneer at her, completely ignoring the pain.

"What does that even mean! You didn't give me any instructions!" Now I mad, she doesn't have the right to do that, can she not see how unfair she's being?

"So?" She glares down at me, "I need results."

"I gave you results! Just admit you don't know what you're doing!" I immediately regret what I said. She recoiled slightly and there was evil swimming in her eyes, I know that look. I hate that look. I take a step back and try to think of ways to escape. I focus my breathing and try not to start panicking.

Amanda laughs like a maniac, "You think you're better than me, huh?! Is that what this is about!? Well I can show you who's better, I know you know what I'm talking about."

I shiver at the last sentence because I know exactly what she wants to do. Goddamnit, it's been a long time since she's threatened me with that. I try to keep my voice confident but I fail miserably, "That only worked on me as a kid, the......it doesn't effect me any-anymore."

My voice was shaking at the end as I started to back closer to the door. Amanda gave a sickly sweet smile, "Are you sure about that Dream? Do you want to find out?"

Memories flashed through my mind and I knew I had to escape. Escape from this horrible person I'm standing here with, far far away. In a split second decision I turn on my heels and run for the door. I personally thank all the gods above that it was unlocked still. I could hear her running after me and it only willed me to go faster. I knew I could outrun her but the chase still had my hair raised and adrenaline running through my body.

Some of our bodyguards tried to stop me but I easily brushed past them. My sole goal is getting out of this house and I plan to achieve that. Once I burst through the doors I dare a look back. I see Amanda standing there with one hand on her hip, "I know you'll be back!"

I quickly turn my head around and sprint into the darkness.

I don't know what I'll find in the void but it doesn't matter as long it's away from her.

---------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! I lowkey had such a hard time writing the argument so if anyone has suggestions of what they should say to each other plz send help 😭😭😭. Have a great day/night!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 990