Chapter 14 ~ A Crush?

TW: None

Techno's POV:

I enjoyed the peaceful to walk to school the next Monday. I spent the whole weekend hidden in my room or in the training area, still questioning if Claudia and her crazy daughter knew about the mafia thing. I hope they do so maybe I'll have the chance to kill them sometime in the future. That sounds so nice right about now.

Of course my peace was rudely interrupted by Chloe's loud scream for me to wait up, this only spurs me to move faster. Inevitably she catches up to me.

"Hey Techno! Why did you leave so early? I thought you left me but I know you wouldn't do it," Chloe grabs my arm and looks up at me with an innocent look. I roughly yank my arm away from her,

"I left because I didn't want to walk with you. Please leave me alone," I say in a monotone voice laced with venom. I would give anything in the world for her to get away from me because I swear she pushes my patience every time she opens her mouth.

"Oh that's okay. Our dad told me that you'd be like this and to give you some time to warm up to me and that you're actually super nice," Chloe exclaimed, "I know we're going to be the bestest siblings!!"

She is a walking reminder of how my dad searched for someone better to replace me and be part of our 'family'. It makes me want to yell and scream at her for trying to take away the only person who has remotely cared about me. Well maybe......maybe Dream is on that list now. After all, he was extremely nice to me and I really like having him as a friend. I know this can only lead to pain because of who we are but I still want to find some happiness, no matter how selfish.

"Have you seen Clay? I really want to be friends with him....." She gasps, "Maybe you can help me ask him out since you guys are friends?!"

Something about that sentence made my heart contract painfully and a scowl to form on my face. She's trying to take Dream away too. I roughly push her behind me and I start walking faster, thankfully she takes the hint and doesn't try to catch up or talk to me.

I stormed through the school corridors towards my locker. I scared Dream as I banged it open and violently shuffled through the contents of my locker. Trying to find my textbooks for class.

"Hey hey hey, slow down there Techno," Dream tries to calm me down but I look away from him. He doesn't understand how I don't want anyone to take him away from me.....wait that came out weird. I promise I didn't mean it like that.

I immediately stopped my rummaging when I felt warm hands cover mine. I looked up and saw that Dream covered my hands with his, "Techno, take a deep breath alright? You're going to hurt yourself."

Something about the sincerity and concern in his eyes made me want to hug him forever and never let him go. The warmth both his hands and smile brought me was unmeasurable, I never want to leave this little bubble.

I take a deep breath and find the courage to look into his beautiful emerald eyes, "I'm okay now, thank you. I was just a bit angry at Chloe, she was trying to talk to me again."

This brought an impossibly wider smile onto his face, "Well then, want to walk to class together?"

I nod my head and gently close my locker after being so violent towards it earlier and I give it an apologetic pat. As we walk to the class our hands brush a couple times and every time it's like an electric shock of tingles running up my arm. Dream interlocks our pointer fingers and gives me a smile, I turn away as I feel my cheeks heating up. I only disconnect our hands when we reach the classroom and it leaves me thinking what it'd be like if we actually held hands. Would it be as magical as I think it will be? I guess only time can tell.

~+~

I was spacing out during lunch thinking about Dream when Wilbur unceremoniously laid himself over my lap and stared into my eyes. I raised an eyebrow and contemplated shoving onto the floor but I decided against it. I feel very happy today for no particular reason.

"What you thinking about Techie? What's got you all doe eyed?" Wilbur smirks at me. I try to ignore Tommy and Phil arguing probably about something unimportant in the background.

"I'm not thinking about anyone!" I say defensively while images of Dream flash through my mind.

"Oh you totally are! Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god," Wilbur shoots up from he previous position and starts to pace in front of the chair I'm sitting in.

"What, just spit it out," I deadpan.

"YOU'RE IN LOVE??!!!!! NO WAY" Wilbur yells loudly which gains the attention of Tommy who races over towards us.

"Big man has a crush!! Oh you have to tell me who it is!!" Tommy starts jumping up and down.

I wave my hands in front of my face and shake my head, "I don't have a crush on anyone."

Wilbur gives me a look a disbelief, "Can you do me a favor?"

I give him a glare.

"Can you just think about whoever it is for a second? You know, in your head," Wilbur challenges. I roll my eyes and try to fight it but eventually images of Dream's smile that's brighter than the sun itself start surfacing. The sincerity in his eyes both this morning and that night I broke down make heat slowly rise on my cheeks.

"HE'S BLUSHING!"

"YOU WERE RIGHT WILBUR!"

"HE TOTALLY HAS A CRUSH!!! OH MY GOD!!!"

"STOP YELLING!" Ms.Gem yells over the two from her spot in the front of the library.

"I don't have a crush," I glare at the two children but it doesn't hold it's usual venom. Do I have a crush on Dream? He does make me feel things no one ever has and I want to be near him all the time and I want to tell him everything I see that reminds me of him and........oh.my.god.

I have a crush on Dream

This can only lead to chaos and destruction

Is it even worth it? No way we can ever be together.

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!! It seems Techno's is starting to understand his feelings, maybe.... Well anyways, have a great day/night!!!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 1,092