Chapter 17 ~ Stolen or Found?

TW: None

Techno's POV:

I raise my head to look up at the sky, but I can't help but feel claustrophobic. It's so clear, not a cloud in the sky. I rip my eyes from the sky and remind myself that it's not real. The glass dome is made to trap us in with only knowledge of sunny skies. I don't understand how the people of this city can be content knowing it's all fake. The snow, the rain, the hail, the clouds is never seen within these walls. I consider myself lucky that I've been able to go outside the walls and see all these beautiful things myself.

Whenever I look up at the sky I don't see its beauty, I'm only reminded of the walls that surround me and the dome that cages me in here. How I wish I could see it break and feel the rain on my face every day, not only the days I venture outside. I've been going out less mostly because it's forbidden and extremely risky. But I've also been occupied with Dream. Damn it, I said I wouldn't think about him today but that seems like an impossible task.

I look back at the sky and I see the sun that distinctly reminds me him. The way his golden hair shines and how his smile knocks me off my feet and makes me dizzy. And I know, I know I shouldn't be thinking about him because he's my enemy. But I can't help but have fallen for his sunshine, his smile, just everything about him. I wish I don't have to let him go.

I continue down the narrow path in order to reach the target as quickly as possible. Every street in the city is so straight that sometimes it's difficult to find shortcuts. I see a couple walking in the opposite direction as me, laughing and talking, and now more than ever I wish I was normal. Just so I could have a real chance with Dream. Just so maybe we could be together because I continue to fall for him more every day. There's no denying it anymore because we don't have much time. I don't have much time because once he realizes who I am he won't want to see me anymore. Or worse, kill me. He would kill me without hesitation, I'm sure of it. 

I wonder if he's on this mission as well. The jewel certainly is a beauty that Amanda would love to possess. That's why I came during the day because if Dream does end up coming then it would probably be at night. Cause doing this under the cover of night would be smart. But not me, Dad has to send me during the day which is basically suicide. Dad also refuses to send me aid to help with any of my missions. It's almost like he wants me to die, bit sketch.

I feel a drop of water on my face, and I look up with hope shining in my eyes that maybe it was raining. But I frown in disgust as I see some clothes hanging over the alleyway. I guess I deserve that for being lost in thought.

I always wondered on their reason for banning the elements. They claim that the sun will remind us to always be happy because they wanted a happy empire. But I don't believe in that. There cannot be light without the darkness. There cannot be hope without fear. There cannot be a rainbow without the storm. There cannot be happiness without sorrow. I shake my head, maybe I'm reading into this to much. I firmly believe we need to rain and snow but that's biased because I love the elements. I would probably marry rain and snow if I could.

I tread lightly as I approach the building the jewel is placed in. I'm very happy that I won't have to kill anyone this time, maybe I can have some fun. I give a wicked smile, this is sure to be an interesting evening.

Dream's POV:

Today is the day. I'm weirdly excited to be on this mission, I've been so focused on school and Techno recently that I think this will be a good break from it. I honestly missed the adrenaline of a heist or maybe I like that I don't have to hurt people to have a successful heist. Probably the latter.

Apparently, the building is in the outskirts of Lumeria and it's not what I would consider nice. I have to take a bus because the trains don't go this far out. I took the day off school and when I woke up this morning I already missed Techno, I really wish I didn't have to miss school for this. I would much rather be having a conversation with the guy I like than riding this musty bus towards an even worse area.

When I eventually reach the building the sun is setting. The building is quite simple with only a couple windows, same color concrete on the whole building but something is a little ominous about it. Maybe because there's no lights turned on or that it sits slightly hiding between two other houses.

I see movement out of the corner of my eye and I snap my head over to the source. A motion detector light on the right side of the house had been triggered and I immediately run towards the right. I need to make sure no one else gets away with this jewel. I see a figure effortlessly jump over the high fence that separated the side yards and the street. I quickly run to catch up with the figure and I yell out to them as I see the familiar glimmer of a jewel.

The figure gives a glance back to me and I'm met with dark ruby eyes that glow in the darkness. I'm not able to make anything else out due to their black hoodie and nighttime darkness. The ruby eyes make me freeze in place as my mind flashes with recognition that I can't quite put my finger on.

I shake my head to clear these distracting thoughts but by then the figure has already disappeared into the night. I run a frustrated hand down my face, I don't know what's gotten into me lately. Maybe it's because of Techno, he's just so perfect and wonderful and funny and the list could go on. I find myself thinking about him every second of every day which cannot be good for my health, but I can't help it he's just so adorable.

I turn on my heels and start walking home. I know Amanda will be beyond mad, but I can't seem to dwell on it as Techno's beautiful smile flashes through my mind. I don't think I'll ever meet anyone else that will be able to capture my attention as quickly as this pinkette has.

I truly have fallen for him and I can't lie to myself that I'm

most definitely

in love.

-------------------------------------

Hi readers! Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I can't believe that this story has 1k views!!

I want to apologize for basically ghosting this platform completely for 4ish months. A lot of issues have come up for my personal life since the new year that includes but is not limited to: school, friends, family, writers block, etc.. I'm so sorry for all my readers that have been waiting for chapters on my stories and I'll try to get a couple out today. But yeah that's it, I'm doing better and have a great day/night!!!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 1,263