Chapter 9 ~ Family

TW: Swearing, mention of killing people

Techno's POV:

I am going to shoot someone.

Seriously, if this Chloe girl asks me another question I will hurt someone. Luckily Dream willingly sits next to me now so I can avoid her. Though I'm slightly horrified that I enjoy his company. His silly jokes and teasing have me trying to hold back laughter. How is it possible that the clan heir is this nice? Seems to good to be true.

Honestly I expected Dream to be super mean but it turns out he's the opposite. After spending this week talking to him, I've been excited to wake up in the morning. It's a weird feeling, I'm not used to people talking to me or caring about me in general. The others just argue all the time, though I do appreciate them I wish to have to calmer friends.

I walk out of school and venture in the direction of my house. It's Friday and I can hear people talking about the parties they're going to all around me. I also hear the ones about me, I shrug off the whispers, I'm pretty infamous here. It's all self-imposed of course but it doesn't make me feel that much better. Most of the time I feel like I'm forced to live this way, by my dad. Sometimes I wish I could be a normal teenager and that my biggest worry could be what grade I'm getting on the next test. But unfortunately that's not in the cards for me.

The walk home is relatively peaceful and for once I'm happy to be home because all I want to do right now is flop on my bed and sleep. My house is tucked between two bigger houses so it's less visible to the outside world, it looks ugly but that's just my opinion which is worthless around here.

I pull my keys out and open the door, planning on running to my room and sleeping but of course those plans have to be ruined. When I walk in I see my dad standing in the kitchen. I narrow my eyes, he never just stands. It's slightly unnerving. I'm about to approach him when I hear a voice I don't recognize.

"Sweetie, when is your son getting home? I really want to meet him," A blonde woman enters the kitchen.

My dad chuckles.....wait, since when did he ever laugh. I don't think he's ever laughed around me, "Don't be so eager, he's not as sweet as your daughter."

My dad smiles and hugs the lady. My mouth hangs open, when was this ever a thing? I stand there in shock for a few moments before I pull myself together and walk up to them, "Okay, this is so weird, what the fuck is going on?"

My dad turns to me with a frown on his face, "Don't swear in this household."

I scoff and glare back at him, "Because you never swear at me?" Or yell at me, or neglect me. What the hell is going on?

He gives me a pointed look then turns to the lady, "Sorry about that, this is my son Alex. Alex this is my fiancé Claudia."

"Hi, you seem really nice and I hope we can get along. You can think of me as a mother," She gives me the brightest smile and it's a little creepy. I'm still so confused as to what the hell is going on, how did my dad have a whole relationship without me knowing? Is he replacing me? Was I not good enough? I can be better! I just don't want him to leave me too even if he doesn't care about me ever, I need proof that I'm not a complete failure.

 "I don't want a mother and call me Techno," I crossed my arms to fake my confidence. Is he going to kick me out just like my last parents did? He wouldn't leave me....never mind, he totally would and for some reason that hurts more than it should.

"Your name isn't Techno, it's Alex and can you at least try? We could be a family," My dad pleads. I scoff and try to figure out if he's actually serious. All the years he has had me as a son he never acted like my dad or any caring parental figure. Always had someone else to train me and then sent me off to school. He's always couped up in that cursed office and basically never talks to me. And he's switching things up now? It's like he's ignoring everything he's done to me in the past, without even apologizing.

"What makes you thi-"

"Hi mom! And dad! I'm home!" A girl runs through the front door and hugs the two adults. Why did she call him dad? That's my dad! He wouldn't replace me.....would he? She turns to look at me and I immediately recognize that blonde hair and irritating face.

"Chloe, this is going to be your new brother, Alex. I believe you've met at school?" Claudia introduces us. 

"Hi new brother!" She was so overly energetic. Just like when we met at school. It makes me sick to the stomach.

My mind was slowly spiraling. My dad looks so happy, without me. I guess I wasn't good enough so he had to bring other people in this so-called 'family'. Did he ever care about me at all? Is he going to leave me? Why is he suddenly acting like he cares? None of this makes any sense.

It's to much.

I need to run. To go somewhere that isn't here.

And that's exactly what I did

--------------------

Hope you've enjoyed the chapter! It's probably a little late because I had to make sure the writing was correct.....it's fine. Have a good day/night!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 952