Chapter 11 ~ Blue or Purple?

TW: None

Sapnap's POV:

Have you ever met someone so wonderful that you can't form a single coherent thought around them? Dream has already teased me for talking about Karl so much but I can't help myself! He just doesn't understand. Every time I look at him it's like fireworks are going off in the back of my head. And have you seen his eyes??? Like really seen his eyes? Because literally who isn't falling for those eyes, god please kill me now.

Dream is mostly talking to Techno now which honestly makes no sense considering how mean he was to us when we first got here, but that isn't my business and he seems happier so it's a win. Karl has been kind enough to help me remember the way to classes since Dream literally ditches me to talk to Techno and sit next to him and eat lunch with him and whatever else they do, if he isn't in love then I don't know who is.

"Nick? Are you alright?" Karl's soft voice breaks me from my thoughts. Oh no, I'm supposed to be studying! Whoops, I guess I get sidetracked easy.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks for asking. I think that school's not really for me, you know?" I stare blankly at the history textbook in front of me, school is so hard for no reason. And this is coming from someone who was tutored at home all their life. I should be a genius.

Karl giggled and I swear it was music to my ears, "You're just not putting effort into it, maybe if you did the things I suggested you do it would be easier."

He's not wrong, if I did summaries and flashcards it would be so much easier to remember everything that we're supposed to, "But that requires efforttttttt."

I slump back down in the chair and watch Karl's reaction. He has this look like he's decided whether to laugh or slap me. I hope it's not the latter. After a few seconds he closes his textbook and throws his hands up, "Fine, lets go do something else."

"Whoo! Yes!" I got a couple glares since we're in the library but I could care less. Anything not school related sounds super fun right now and if I get to spend time with Karl then that's even better.

"Keep your voice down," He angry whispers at me.

"Sorry, just excited." I grin back. He looks away and I swear I see pink creeping onto his cheeks but he starts walking away before I get a good look. I sigh, I can only dream, it's probably just my mind wanting to see something that isn't there.

I follow him towards the front of the school where he said we're going to a nice park since we both like nature. I'm surprised that Amanda told me to stay late after school, maybe she wants to talk to Dream alone. Honestly who knows anything that goes on in that woman's mind.  

"Wait, hold on. I need to go to the restroom, will you wait for me?" Karl smiles. I nod and watch as he runs off back into the school. I find a nice place on the grass to sit down and I pick at the grass as I wait for Karl to finish. I hear footsteps approaching so I look up with a smile expecting it to be Karl. It was not Karl and my smile immediately faded.

"Hello, you look bored, mind if I sit down?" The brunette boy asked while giving me a soft look. He had a blue shirt with a red strip across it, jeans, and white circle sunglasses hanging from one of the belt loops. He seemed nice and actually asked unlike most people these days if you know what I mean.

"Yeah sure, I'm just waiting for my friend then I have to leave," I reply and the boy plops down really close to me, bit sketch.