Chapter 13 ~ Heist

TW: Mention of killing

Dream's POV:

Am I dreaming? I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming. I look down at Techno and I can't help but imagine how our life would play out if I was just a normal teenager. Someone who only worried about grades and who I'm crushing on. I shake the thought from my head and try to enjoy the moment as much as possible because I have no idea the next time he'll let me this close.

Eventually I pull away when I realize how late it must be. I wouldn't want Techno's parents to be worried about him.

"I should probably go home, it's pretty late," I whisper into his hair and I try to let go of him but his arms only tighten around me. I can't help but smile, Techno is just so cute.

"No don't go," He mumbles into my hoodie. I let out a chuckle at that,

"I'll see you on Monday, don't worry. I'm not leaving forever," I joke but quickly realize that he didn't laugh, "I promise I'll see you on Monday, okay?"

Techno pulls back slightly and when I see his puffy red eyes it breaks my heart, "Okay."

I see the conflict on his face as he reluctantly pulls away. I wish we could stay here longer, it's like fate has brought us here together, but I know we'll see each other soon so I'm not to worried. I slip out of his warm embrace and wave a goodbye that he returns. It's going to be okay, Amanda won't hurt me....I hope.

Techno's POV:

I worry about myself but on the walk home I find myself worrying more about Dream. I can't believe this is happening, I'll probably end up hurting him, just like everyone else in my life. I don't even know why I let him get so close to me while knowing who he is. Dream still thinks I'm a regular teen and I know that our friendship will only bring misery to both of us. But it's so addicting, whenever I'm away from Dream I want to see him again. When something remind me of his laugh or his smile I want to tell him about it then I don't because I don't want him to think I'm weird. This is hopeless.

I approach my house...I wish I wasn't here. I wish I was still in that small playground with Dream, pretending that my problems don't exist and that Dream will always protect me because when he finds out about me, he'll definitely kill me. This is why I can't have anything nice these days. I can't believe this...actually I can. Dang it.

I take a deep breath and try to remember Dream's words of encouragement as I walk through the front door. I freeze in the doorway when I see my dad standing right there, burning holes into my skull. I clear my throat, "Hey?"

That seems to trigger him, "Hey?! Hey!!! Do you know how worried I was about you?! You can't just leave the house like that and then come back 3 hours later without telling me!"

I almost fall for his worried behavior, something he's never expressed towards me, but I don't. I spot his fiancé in the corner hiding behind a wall, poorly hiding may I add. The thought alone makes my eyes sting with unshed tears.

"Well I'm here now," and it's takes everything in me not to mention how he sends me on suicide missions all the time for his work because I'm not sure if they know yet, instead I say, "and it's not like it's the first time." I try to give him him the most unbothered look I can muster.

"Whatever, I'm going to work now, come by my office in 10 minutes," He storms off.

"Typical." I mutter under my breath. Always thinking about work first, I don't understand how no one's killed him yet considering how often he spends in his office. Oh wait, it's because of me, I keep him safe and for what? Rejection? Being ignored? I guess that's my cruel reward.

I slowly walk over to where Claudia was hiding and it's takes all my self restraint not to pull a knife on her, "You can't change him. He'll always be an asshole, but I'll have fun seeing you try."

Deep down he's never going to care about anything except his business and being number 1 at everything. She opens her mouth and I see anger contort her features but I quickly silence her by putting up my hand in front of her face. I'm going to figure out why my dad chose her to be engaged to. She must be important, no way he's in love. That's would be crazy.

I turn my back to her and head up to the second floor, down the hallway, right at the end, and the first door on the left. The place he loves the most. I don't bother to knock and I walk right in.

"Manners?" He asks without looking up from whatever paperwork he's filling out.

"Nope. What do you want?"

"An opportunity just came up, I need you to steal something valuable. And it's pretty famous so I need you to be smart so I can have it in my possession," Still without looking up he hands me a folder. I snatch it out of his hands and briefly scan the contents, lots of dates, times, and other important things for heist, "It's in a week so be ready. Ask me if you need anything for the mission."

He still was completely focused on his work and I looked down at my shoes in attempt to control my emotions. How can he act so worried one second then completely ignore me the next? It's like he's purposely trying to hurt me, and maybe he is. But I can't think like that, he's got to love me at least a little bit, right?

Dream's POV:

"To make up for running away, you're going to steal something for me."

"A heist?"

"Exactly. In a week."

"I'll be ready."

--------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!!! Thank you for so many reads and votes, kinda crazy. I hope you've had a great day/night!!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 1,020