Chapter 20 ~ Please be mine?

TW: None

Sapnap's POV:

It pains me to miss school. Because I know Karl is probably there thinking that I'm ignoring him and I don't want that. But duties are duties and I can't neglect them or Amanda will have my head. I walk slowly around the bodyguards in training, who are admittedly doing pretty good. Of course, all because of me dramatic hair flip.

I hope Karl is alright.....no, I need him to be alright because the second I get back to school I am cornering that kid and making sure he knows how much I've fallen for him. He won't be able to escape me much longer I'm afraid, I'm a Snapmap on a mission and he won't get away from me.

~+~

I rush to school the next morning after leaving a solemn looking Dream at the house. He refused to get up and was talking some gibberish in his sleep. I was barely able to make out the name 'techno' which is expected because he's head over heels for the pinkette.

I brushed off the weird occurrence to make room for thoughts of Karl. His brown hair, beautiful eyes, purple hoodie, literally anything. Maybe if I think about him hard enough I'll find him quicker. I speed walk around the hallways and go to multiple places that I would usually find him. By his locker, my locker, the cafeteria, his first period class, the library. But he's nowhere to be found.

I check my watch, 10 minutes until class starts. I rack my brain for any secret places on campus that he might be but I come up blank. This school is just so big he could literally be hiding anywhere.

It must have been sheer luck, or destiny as Dream would call it, when I see a familiar mop of brown hair hurrying through the hallways. Bingo! I run after him, determined to not lose him the crowds. Karl eventually slows down so I figure he doesn't know I'm following him so the second he turns down a slightly empty hallway I make my presence known.

"Karl!" I yell out to him while waving. He turns around with wide eyes and I see his arm twitch, he's thinking about running away. But you know what? I'm done with him trying to run away from me without giving me a definitive answer about what's going on.

I quickly approach him and grab hold of his arm, "Karl, can we stop this please? I just....."

I trail off without knowing how to finish the sentence. There's so many things I want to tell him but I don't even know where to start. I've been practicing this conversation in my head the last couple days but now that I'm finally here looking into his eyes everything is forgotten.

"Nick, you should just stop. I'm not worth it," Karl looks away, "And I know you're probably getting annoyed having to chase me down every day. Just give up already."

His voice comes out so small and tiny that I'm sure he's on the verge of tears, "How could I ever be annoyed at you? You're kind and wonderful and smart and beautiful and you know I could go on!"

Karl continues to avoid eye contact so I take matters into my own hands. I reach up to touch his cheek and I gently bring his face to meet my own. At this point we're standing so close that if not for the sound of people passing us in the halls I could probably hear his heart beating. I see a blush growing on his face and I smirk, maybe he does like me after all.

"Look Karl, you have been living in my head and consuming every waking thought I've had since the moment I met you. I think I've fallen for you more than I'd like to admit," I give him a sincere smile. His eyes snap towards mine after the last sentence but I don't give him a chance to speak, "I know there's this thing with George and I've already stopped talking to him. But that's because I'd rather be with you. Right here, right now. Please believe me when I say this."