Chapter 21 ~ NO!

TW: sadness

Techno's POV:

I could pinpoint the exact moment that Dream recognized me. The way his eyes filled with a mess of emotions, most notably horror and slight disgust? It was hard to tell. My heart dropped at least 200 meter below the ground, existential dread filled my stomach, and everything made me nauseous. I could already feel tears pricking at the corners of my eyes, it can't end like this.

"It can't b-be..." Dream's voice came out small with disbelief laced through every word. Like he was also trying to convince himself. 

I never thought this day would come so soon but it has. My worst nightmare has manifested and I don't think I'll be able to handle it. The emotions running through his eyes are so raw that I can pick out almost everything that he's feeling. Is that betrayal? Tears sting at my eyes, I can't bring myself to think about what this means for us now. I guess there won't be an 'us' anymore. Whatever we had before will dissolve into nothingness. Just the thought alone makes my stomach lurch with emptiness. I don't think I realized just how much he means to me.

"I'm s-sorry," my voice breaks in the middle and sobs take over my whole voice before I can get out anything else. My mind flashes to the last time I cried in front of Dream, he opened his arms and I ran into them. I remember smiling at the comfort it brought but now as I see him standing a polite distance away from me makes my heart wrench painfully.

"Y-you....no," he continues to stare at me with his feet rooted to the ground. He hasn't moved since he figured it out. When I see overwhelming sadness pass through his eyes I'm filled with a tiny, very tiny, spark of hope. But it's immediately squashed as I see that same sadness to into a blazing anger. I visibly flinch back at the glare I receive.

"You lied to me! Was this all some game to you!?" Dream finally takes a step forward and points an accusatory finger at me and all I can do is sob as my heart breaks into a million pieces, "you knew this whole time didn't you? Was this some elaborate plot to kill me both emotionally and physcially?!! Because it worked pretty damn well!! I guess you win, Technoblade." When he says my name its laced with venom that I had never seen from him.

"It's not like that! C-Clay please-" I desperately try to explain. I reach out to him but he takes a step back.

"Don't say that name if you know my real one!" Dream runs an angry hand through his hair, "I can't believe I trusted you."

Every word that comes out of his mouth is like an individual knife driving into my heart repeatedly. I know this is all my fault, I shouldn't've associated with him, I should never have fallen in love of all things, and I should've killed him the second we made eye contact.

"I can't believe I loved you."

Dreams final words before he makes a sharp turn and promptly walks away from me. It takes me a second but soon I'm on his heels, "Dream wait!"

But he doesn't turn around or stop walking for even a second. I continue to follow him outside the school and in a last ditch effort to get him to understand that I never wanted to hurt him, I make a sudden confession to match his from earlier.

"I love you! Dream please don't g-go!" I yell through a never ending stream of tears. Thank god everyone is already in class but right now that's the least of my problems. I see his steps flatter for a split second and I fill with hope that he'll turn around but by the time I blink again he's already walking far away from me.

I collapse to my knees as I see my whole world crumble in front of me because Dream was my world. I can still hear his voice ringing in my head on repeat,

"I can't believe I loved you"

~+~

I pull myself together enough to make it to my second period class. But everything feels like a fever dream, everyone is blurry and my mind flashes constantly with Dream's angry eyes trained onto me. And all his words bubble under the surface of my skin and repeatedly burn it, I feel like I'm on fire from the overwhelming sadness that plagues me. How I wish I had someone to talk to about this but no one would understand.

Second period passed by and I felt like I wasn't even in control of my body, like I was floating just above it. The chatter of the loud hallways never reach my ears as I fail to maneuver around students. Usually I can get through the hallways at record time without hitting anyone but right now I'm bumping into everyone and receiving loads of dirty glares that only serve as a reminder of the one Dream gave me.

Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes but I refused to let them go. There would be time for that, but not right now. Just as I thought this day couldn't get any worse, I turn to a semi-empty hallway which at first I think is a blessing but quickly turns into hell.

Sapnap and Karl are walking down the hallway hand in hand. I almost forgot about Sapnap because I haven't seen him since he was hopelessly pinning over Karl. I know I should go and congratulate him but I can only see that he is Dream's Friend. Someone connected to Dream.

I stalk towards him, all day I've been looking to feel something, anything that isn't sadness. I know what I plan to do and it will make me feel something. I can't bring myself to be angry at Sapnap but wrong place wrong time I guess.

When Sapnap sees me he smiles and I almost second guess what I'm about to but Dream's words that haven't left my brain, scream at me louder.

"I can't believe I ever loved you."

I rip Sapnap away from Karl and roughly push him against the lockers. I punch him over and over at least 10 times until I know he has definitely been knocked out. I look over at Karl to seem him screaming in fear and to call others for help.

"You're a monster!" Karl screams at me through his tears. I flinch back at his tone and quickly turn away from the scene.

I guess I am unlovable like my dad has always told me,

Now I believe it.

"I can't believe I ever loved you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter! <3333 I hope you're okay after that. But yeaaaaa have a great day/night!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 1,131