Chapter 15 ~ I'm Sorry

TW: None

Sapnap's POV:

Karl has been ignoring me. I don't even understand why, I just had a casual conversation with this George guy and now I have a suspicion that Karl hates me. In his absence I've been spending more time with George and he doesn't seem like such a bad guy. Though I see how people stare at George with such hate as we walk down that halls and the looks of pity I get.

On Tuesday I decide to go find Dream because I know Techno won't be far. Those two are attached at the hip, I wouldn't be surprised if they got together at some point, especially since Dream has already fallen head first for that pink haired boy.

I go to Techno's locker early in the morning and just as I expected they're both there, "Hey!" I jog a bit to reach them quicker as they both turn their heads towards me. Dream breaks out into a smile and gives me pat on the back.

"Haven't seen you for a while buddy, have you been ignoring me at home?"

I chuckle, "I think that's all you buddy," Dream just rolls his eyes playfully at the comment knowing I'm teasing him about how much time he spends with Techno.

"So I have a question for you Techno," The pinkette looks up at me, "Do you know anything about George Davidson?"

Techno's eyes blow wide with fear as I say the name, "Nick, please tell me you haven't been talking to him while being friends with Karl??....uh not that I care about Karl or anything."

"Uhhhh, yeah I have and Karl has been avoiding me. Is that a bad thing?"

"Oh my god, no wonder he's avoiding you!" Techno sighs and gives me a look of disappointment.

I raise my hands in surrender, "Remember I'm new here."

"Sorry, you're right." Techno takes a breath, "So I don't know Karl that well because I pretty much avoid everyone a-"

"Yeah, you ignore everyone except for Clay," I tease while wiggling my eyebrows at Dream who gives me a pointed glare. I also get a eye roll out of Techno but he doesn't make a comment.

Techno sighs, "Just let me finish. Anyway so basically no one knows exactly what happened but before the incident the two of them were best friends. You could see them together everywhere you went, always laughing and having fun. They were pretty cute together actually. But then over summer break one year something happened and they came back completely cold to each other. Anytime one saw that other they would either argue loudly or walk away from each other. Something obviously happened but you'd have to ask Karl yourself for specifics."

I nod along and start to understand the whole situation. He's might be mad since I'm talking to his ex-best friend who probably did something bad to Karl. Okay okay, I can see where the anger is coming from.

As I was about to ask about where Karl might be I spot him across the hallway where he hasn't noticed me yet. The perfect opportunity to make sure he doesn't ignore me again so I can apologize about this whole misunderstanding. He looks up and when we make eye contact I give him the warmest smile I can come up with. Just when I was going over to him I hear a voice call my name,

"NICK! Oh my god, I couldn't find you anywhere. It's so nice that I finally found you," I spin around to see George running up to me. He hugs my arm and puts his head on my shoulder. God dammit! Why does this kid show up when I don't want him to!! Coincidence? I think NOT.

"George please go away, I don't want to talk to you anymore," I attempt to gently push him away so I don't spark any conflict. I quickly look up to where Karl was and I see him frozen in shock and hurt written all over his face. I try in vain to shake George off gently.

To my right I hear something along the lines of 'this idiot'  and 'what a softie' coming from Techno.

"What do you think you're doing?!" Techno violently pushes George away from me and I swear I saw fear pass through the brunette's eyes, "Kindly get the fuck away from my best friend. No one wants to talk to you so just leave, the room is much brighter when you're presence is forgotten."

When George sits there for a couple seconds in pure shock and panic he gets a deadly glare from Techno and scrambles away. I turn to Techno to see a smile on his face, it gives me backlash from his previous demeanor, "Thank you so much, I didn't think you had that in you."

Techno gives a dramatic hair flip and a smirk, "You'd be surprised."

I turn to see where Karl is quickly walking away from the scene. I give the soon-to-be-couple a final smile then race after Karl. I'm not letting him walk away this time without a proper apology and explanation. To be fair it wasn't at all my fault, I didn't know the two boys had beef. But of course I was caught in the middle of it and now I need to fix this. Cause I may or may not be entirely infatuated with a certain brunette who's name is most definitely not George.

I'm barely able to keep up with Karl as he weaves through the students like an expert. Karl hasn't looked back once but I have a feeling he knows I'm following him. I quicken my pace and desperately try to reach him before he slips away from me. Seems luck is on my side today, or destiny as Dream likes to lecture me on, because Karl trips over someone.....okay that sounds bad. Anyway, Karl trips and falls down which allows me to catch up to him. The guy brushes past me without even sparing a glance at Karl. I rolled my eyes at the guy's behavior and I offered my hand to the boy on the floor.

"Karl?" He refused to look up and meet my eyes. I crouched down to his eye level and reached placed my hand over his. This made him look up and I flinched back when I saw the tears gleaming in his eyes. I immediately raised my other hand to cup his face and wipe away the stray tears that fell. The sight of Karl crying ripped my heart into a million pieces knowing I was the reason for it.

"Karl..." I said in a much quieter voice as I tried to decide what to say.

"Nick, why are you here? Shouldn't you be with George or whatever?" Karl broke eye contact with me and pushed my hand away from his face.

"No? I've spent like 3 seconds of conversation with that guy, I barely know him. And anyway, I miss your company and our hours of studying after-school," I take a deep breath and continue when I realize that Karl still refusing to look at me, "Techno was telling me about something between the two of you and I'm sorry, I didn't know anything about whatever issue you guys had with each other. I would-"

"Just spend your time with him, he's probably better company then I am anyway. I've seen the way he looks at you," Karl abruptly stood and turned away from me in attempt to walk away. Oh no you don't, I will not let you walk away from me again.

I placed a hand on his shoulder to make sure he didn't get away, "How do you know I don't want to spend time with you?"

He turns around to face me and shakes his head with fresh tears shinning in his eyes, "I'm sorry."

...

to be continued

------------------------------------

THANK YOU FOR READING!!! I know it's confusing now but don't worry about it, everything will be revealed in due time. Anyway thank you for all the comments it makes me smile every time <3333 Have a great day/night!

*Alex <3*

Word Count: 1,335