9

(On the day after, the young ones went back to their usual activities, with the exception of Spider and Neteyam. Aonung showed up to pick up Neteyam for yet another clandestine rendezvous, while Spider opted to stay behind with his mother.

"I'm glad we came back here ma nung, it's the best place to be". He said. "I'm glad to share this with teyam", so I could over here that your birthday is next week, is there anything specific you wanna do". Aonung said

"For Sully's birthday, we get together with our loved ones to appreciate another year of life given to us by our wonderful mother. And after that, I like to go to my secret spot where I can relax and find some peace and quiet," shared the Sully boy. "Even though things might be different this time around, I promise to make it the best birthday you've ever had," reassured Aonung.

The young boys seem to find great comfort in each other's company, often spending hours nestled up close, sharing sweet, delicate butterfly kisses. Their tender displays of affection convey a deep sense of trust and intimacy, a bond that brings them both joy and solace.

(with Spider and Neytiri)

"Neytiri inquired with concern, "What's wrong?" The boy replied, "Nothing, Mother. I just wanted to spend time with Roxto today." Neytiri turned to Spider and asked, "Is there something you want to tell me?" Spider was momentarily afraid, but then took a deep breath and said, "Mama, I know I'm different, but can't I still love?" Neytiri responded, "Of course, you can, son. But what does that have to do with anything?" The boy revealed, "Roxto and I have been dating for three weeks." Neytiri asked, "Spider, have you mated with him?"

Spider stood up, his eyes filled with tears and anger. He looked at his mother with pain in his gaze, while his siblings and Jake walked away. He turned to his family, with a hurt expression, and then back to his mother. "Why would you ask me that, Mother? It feels so cruel," he said. He then stomped to his room, locked the door, and muttered about the cruelty of the great mother.

(Neytiri sat there in shock, she asked her child something that he is not blessed with being able to)

"I'm sorry, Tiri. What happened?" Jake asked with concern. Tiri replied with a heavy heart, "I feel terrible, Jake. I think I hurt my son's feelings. Ma Jake Spider found a mate, but her actions seem unkind. I worry about what will happen to our son." Jake comforted her, "I understand, Tiri. It's natural to worry. But I believe our son will be okay. He just needs some time to process his feelings."(After Neteyam and Aonung finished their date aonung went back to his families hut once again for a family meeting)

"Hello, family. I'm here," he replied as his father gestured for him to take a seat. "We need to talk," the father said, getting straight to the point. "Your ceremony to become the next chief is coming up. Have you found a mate for the Tshaik position? Have you been going on dates?" asked the parents.

Aonung stood up and attempted to walk away.

"We've been having these meetings for the past five years, and my response has consistently been the same," Among stated before departing.

Aonung made the decision to go to his hut and start preparing various gifts for Neteyam for the upcoming week. He also planned to create a breathtaking necklace but had decided not to give it to Neteyam until they had told their parents about their relationship. As he was almost finished, his sister came to visit him.

"Why do you have to be like this, brother? Why don't you just tell them?" she asked. "It's not easy dealing with this alone. You can like any boy you want, but for me, it's forbidden to like boys if I'm going to be the next chief," Aonung replied. "Things have changed, brother. Even though we still hold onto old traditions, times have changed, and you can be with Neteyam forever," she repeated.

I understand your concern, sister. It seems like the community is attached to traditional methods, making it difficult to introduce something new. Brother, what are your thoughts on this? It appears that they will keep bothering you until a solution is found.

"I'll come up with a solution, but I won't abandon Neteyam," Aonung stated firmly before turning away. "He's going to be my husband, my male partner, and I'll be his."

comment