-8-

Third person:

Darius was asleep on the couch, although it wasn't really sleeping. Instead, it seems he is just closing his eyes and trying to clear his mind.

But no matter how hard he tries to sleep, his mind keeps drifting to Ben; how he used to be so afraid of everything, and now he wasn't. How he loved animals. his buetiful blue eyes. How he would hide stuff in case he needs them. How he was so determined to help his friends. How his laugh sounded so nice. How he-

Darius's thoughts were interrupted by someone talking.

"Darius?" Said the soft voice.

Darius's eyes snapped open to see Ben.

"Oh! Uhm.. hi?" He answered, sounding more like a question.

"Why.. why didn't you come back?" He asked with a frown.

"I.. are you.. not angry at me?" Asked Darius back, sitting up.

"Why would I be angry at you?"

"I almost dropped you." Darius looked down, suddenly finding the stone floor rather interesting.

("Dar" is pronounced "dare" TvT)

"Oh, Dar... I was never mad at you! It wasn't your fault." Ben gestured for him to stand up, which he did.

Darius's face flushed a hint of pink.

"..'Dar'?" Darius asked again, looking into Ben's eyes.

"OH! sorry, I don't know what I was saying!" Ben frantically apologized for the sudden nickname.

"Oh.. It's fine, don't worry. " Darius let out a small smile.

"So.. why didn't you come back?"

"I-" Darius began before a loud roar came.

Ben flipped his head to look at the source of the sound.

As Ben saw Toro standing at the entrance of the cave, he quickly stood in front of darius as an attempt to protect him.

Toro let out another roar as he took a few steps inside. He looked at Ben and walked up to him.

"Darius! Run! Leave!" He yelled at darius.

Toro took another step towards Ben and grabbed him by the back of his shirt.

"DARIUS GO!" He yelled again, struggling to get out of Toros' grip.

"Ben! Toro!? What are you-" he tried to say before Toro walked out of the cage with Ben and gently pushed Darius with his tail.

Tor dropped Ben outside of the cave. As Ben fell onto the ground, Toro walked back inside.

Darius walked outside towards Ben. It was still dark out since no one had really slept well.

"I'm sorry about him, are you alright?" Asked Darius as he helped Ben of the ground.

"𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁𝘀 'Toro'?!" Ben asked is a hushed tone.

"Oh.. yeah, he doesn't like you.. sorry, " Darius answered.

"Hm. Well.. want to go on a walk?" Suggested Ben.

"Why not? But.. if your arm hurts at any time, tell me, and I can help!"

"Darius, I'm fine," he laughed.

"Okay," Darous replied.

They walked off into the jungle. Well, Ben thought that Darius was instead taking him to the top of the cliff. It had a nice view.