-24-

IM TRYING OKAY?!

ANGST CHAPTER YASSSS SLAYYYY

Sorry for how long these take, btw😔

TW:

k@sh,
mentions of abuse
mentions of suicide bating
Grief
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Well, i didn't want to go back... because of my home life.. my school... and more.. everyone makes me feel so CRAPPY. they've made me feel worthless.... but on the island.... im free.. i can be myself, i can do what i like, im surrounded by the things that intresst me the most! im so much happier there..." explains darius

Kash looks at darius in Wonder for a minute before speaking; "What about your home life is so bad? did they hurt you?"

"Why..?"

"i need to know if i should call someone," he pauses, "Im concerned for you, Darius."

Darius seemed a bit confused, but at the same time happy, finally ... someone who cares... well, at least that was in his eyes..

"they.. my parents would.. they didn't call me by my preferred pronouns... and kept calling me my dead name.. that was until my dad died.. my mom drank more.. and was more voilent... she hurt me.. and school knew, but no one did anything... shed tell me im worthless, and that i should.. kill myself...." Darius looks down to the floor, his voice low and sad, "sometimes i thought i deserved it..."

"and then my step-dad came along.. and they married quickly... from that point on, it just got worse and worse..." He finishes, seemingly happy to get all that off his chest, but upset, needing to think back on it.

"Kid, dont let idiots get in your head, listen to me... i can get you through life. " He smiled innocently. 

Darius eyes lit up hearing that, "R-Really? You would do that for me?"

"Yeah, now, be a good dumba- be a good kiddo and grab me those pliers from over there. The elevator is broken. im gonna fix the wires. "

Drius nooded, running into the closest door, which was a supply room, and grabbed the pair of green pliers, he didnt look around much.

Darius gets the pliers and rushes back over to kash. The strange man gives darius a pat on the head, acting sweet and all. He soon began messing with the elevator, teaching darius all kinds of stuff.

Darious smiled. He was so happy. He felt like he had finally got a father figure. "What's that thingy for?" He asked, interested in the mechanics of the elevator.

"That, kiddo, is very important. It's for the safety system." Kash paused, looking over at darius.

"Do you like mechanics? Kid?" He asked.

Dariouss eyes practically lit up, "Yeah! Video games, mechanics, dinosaurs, health, and stuff.." He smiled sheepishly, thinking he was a bit nerdy.

"...Next to my desk there's a bookshelf, I have a book on mechanics there, you can have it." *he dug in his pocket and pulled out a key, holding it out for darius. "The key to my office, go get that book." *he ruffled dariuss hair.*

Datius took the keys and smiled brightly. "Thank you!" He didn't realise what he was doing before he strongly embraced Kash.

The older man looked down at Darius in a bit of shock, to which Darius froze, realising what he was doing. He jumped back.

"Sorry!" He exclaimed loudly. "I'm so sorry! I won't do it again! I promise! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me im sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!!" He began tearing up.

Kash looked at him. It was hard to tell if he was sad or enraged.

He shouted loudly;

....

☆☆☆with the island crew☆☆☆
Ben's pov;

I spent the whole day looking for darius. Where is he??

I miss him.

"Ben, you should sleep," suggested Yazmina.

☆☆☆Yaz's pov☆☆☆

I found Ben. It was around midnight, he hasn't slept in a couple of days.

He's worried sick about where darius is.

He was sitting on a rock. It was pouring rain. And he sat there. Just staring into the distance, he was wearing the hoodie he stole from darius. I could have sworn I saw some shiny treats down his face. His eyes were red and puffy...

Is this what grief looks like? Is he.. grieving?

I was about to ask if he needed a hug or something, when I heard loud footsteps. That familiar ground shaking.

I saw Toro, the Carnotaurus. Dariuss Carnotaurus.

It walked up to Ben, and I backed away.

☆☆☆third person pov☆☆☆

Toro walked over to Ben, who didn't flinch at all.

Yazmina backed off and left.

"Hey Toro.. I miss him too.." said the blond boy.

Toro growled, gently nudging Ben with his head, to which Ben put his hand out and gave him light head pats.

Toro sat down and put his head on Ben's lap, letting him be petted.

☆☆☆toros pov☆☆☆
(Sorry I keep swapping pov's)

I sat down with Ben, I think his name was Ben, It might have been olipardima, im not sure.

I let him pet my head, it was embarrassing but the truth is we both need the comfort.

Dariuss scent isn't on the island anymore.. well.. at least nowhere other than Ben's hoodie, I think he stole it from darius..

I spent the whole day looking for darius.. I think he's gone..

I miss him.

Was he eaten? If so I'm gonna kill whichever Dino did that.

Was it rexy?

Is he dead?

Is he okay?

Is he alive?

Is he injured?

Is he hiding?

Is he scared?

Is he on the island?

Where is he?

Is he alone?

Was he kidnapped?

Oh he's probably scared out of his mind!

...I still haven't learnt to tap dance... but if that what darius wanted.. I'm trying! I can do the cha cha dance, or whatever he called it.

If only I could talk. I'd ask Ben to help me. Or Sammy, she seems like sh3d dance a lot, I wonder if she does dancing lessons, why don't they make dancing lessons for dinosaurs? Are dinosaurs supposed to not like dancing? I like dancing, I also like chicken, ugh I want chicken now, I,like the taste and wait what was I thinking about 2 minutes ago? Uhhh... I don't remember..

☆☆☆Ben's pov☆☆☆

Why's toro just staring off into space?

Suddenly, we both perked up at the sound of-

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

ACTUALLY SOBBS I DID IT!!!!! IM SO HAPPY!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THIS AND BEING PATIENT YOURE ALL SO AMAZING!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

word count; 1085