6

[Shoyo Hinata]
We're having drinks at [location]!
We'll be there around 7:00 pm!
ᕙ('▿')ᕗ

[You]
Nice
How many of you will there be

[Shoyo Hinata]
Four including me
Don't worry, they're all nice!
Well except maybe Sakusa
But he's like that to everyone

[You]
Great, I'll be there

It was now the day of the meetup, and you set your phone down as you decided on an outfit. You hadn't gone out for drinks in a hot minute, the last time being with Kuroo when he got blackout drunk, something you were hoping not to repeat.

Even though you were able to hold down your alcohol well, you didn't exactly enjoy the flavor, which usually made you the designated driver.

Of course if it was a party you'd drink beer with everyone, but you'd much rather have [favorite drink].

But surely with all of their athleticism the volleyball pros could handle their beer, right?

When you walked into the bar, you were immediately waved over to a table by your new friend who seemed ecstatic to see you.

"You came!"

You chuckled,
"Course I did. We're friends after all, right?"

A slight pink was on his cheeks as he nodded with a smile.

"These are some of my teammates!"

You gave them a polite little wave before sitting down.

The owl-like volleyball suddenly spoke,
"Wait you're the dude who made that article, right?"

You subtly backed away from him,
"You're gonna have to be a little more specific,"

He ignored your attempts to scoot away, scooting closer to you as if you wouldn't be able to hear his booming voice if he wasn't close enough,
"The one about Iwaizumi! Our trainer!"

"Oh yeah, that was me,"

You could see his eyes light up,
"I'm Kotaro Bokuto, you should totally interview me too! I wanna be in an article!"

"Sure, I'm always up to interview someone,"

Hinata called out,
"Hey! He asked to interview me first!"

The blonde spoke,
"Yeah, Shoyo's right, ya shouldn't be interviewed first,"

Just as Hinata was about to thank the blonde, he continued,
"It should obviously be me instead!"

He extended a hand,
"Nice to meet ya. Name's Atsumu Miya, but you can just call me 'Tsumu,"

You shook his hand with a smile which hid all the awkwardness inside of you. Though it was a bit odd how one of the members was silent the whole time, albeit there was obvious annoyance on his face.

Thankfully a waiter came over to get your orders, and your drinks soon arrived.

The rest of the night went pretty well, though it felt like you were a fifth wheel. You only knew one person there, and even then you'd only known him for a short while. But other than that, it was a pretty enjoyable experience. You liked listening into their little conversations and interactions, learning more about each of them.