15

"For next month's issue, we need you to do an article on a school,"

You raised a brow,
"Why?"

Your manager sighed,
"Well, we've been hearing concerns that we've been influencing the youth to ignore their studies in favor of sports, so you'll have to do some damage control,"

The slide you a folder, and you opened it to see the information of the school you'd be going to.

You gave them a confused expression,
"This is an elementary school,"

"Just interview some kids on their dreams, talk to a teacher or two, and try to inspire people to study more,"

And now here you were, a grown man standing in front of an elementary school hoping no one would think you were a creep. I mean, you had a press pass on you, that should be enough, right?

"You must be (y/n)! I'm Sugawara Koushi, a teacher here at the school and your guide for today!"

You always suspected you might've had a thing for teachers, but damn was this guy cute! The mole near his eye, that hair, everything!

But no, you couldn't and shouldn't flirt with your tour guide, especially since there was a pretty good chance he wouldn't be into men.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Sugawara. Where are we headed first?"

He guided you into the school, explaining your tour route.
"First we'll check you into the main office, then I'll have you talk with my kids, after that, it's lunch, so you can talk to the staff,"

It all sounded good to you, and while you walked with the man, you decided to do a brief introductory interview.

"So when'd you start at this school?"
You asked.

"This year!"
He said excitedly.

"I started off as a Teacher's aid, then I was a substitute teacher here and managed to go full time,"

"Worked his way up the ladder... achieved goals at... how old are you?"
You asked, looking up from your notepad.

"27, but could you leave that part out? It makes me feel old,"

You nodded, scribbling out anything that'd have to do with his age.

"Achieved goals at a young age..."

He couldn't help but smile a little when he heard that.

You got checked in at the office and made your way to his classroom where he introduced you to his students.

"Class! This is Mr. (Y/n), he's a journalist, and he's going to write about us,"

The children immediately started blurting out their questions, asking if you knew random famous people or if you were on the news.

Sugawara managed to calm them down so you'd be able to tell them your assignment.

"I'm here to ask you kids about what you wanna be when you grow up. When you're done, you can have a lollipop!"

The kids instantly lined up, eager to get their candy and be interviewed, liking how it made them feel like celebrities.

While you were doing that, Sugawara decided that maybe he'd send one of his old college group chats a text.

[Suga.K]
I'm getting interviewed today!

[random name 1]
Really?
By who?

[random name 2]
Yeah
Send pics

He took a quick photo of you before sending it to his friends.

[Suga.K]
Picture

[random name 1]
What the hell
Why is he hot
I thought journalists were nerds

[random name 2]
You can say that with a teaching degree
But yeah, you're lucky as hell!
Ask him if he's single

[Suga.K]
I'm not doing that!

[random name 2]
Why not
He looks like a fun guy
Unless you were planing on
You know...

[Suga.K]
I have no idea what you're talking about
I'm sure he doesn't even like guys
He totally seems like a ladies man

[random name 1]
If you say so
But we're rooting for you!
Especially since [random name 2]
already is dating someone

[random name 2]
It's not like I was gonna cheat!
I was just giving Suga here some motivation

[Suga.K]
You two are so

Before he could send any more judgmental texts, the lunch bell rang and his kids flooded out of his classroom to the cafeteria, leaving you and him alone in the room.

"They're cute, aren't they?"
He commented.

"Yes, you are,"
You replied.

...

"I MEANT THEY. THE KIDS ARE CUTE, NOT YOU,"

He gasped with mock disappointment,
"You don't think I'm cute?"

"That's not what I meant! I was just trying to..."
You gave up on trying to answer and just sighed in defeat.
"Sorry about that,"

All he did was laugh, a light blush dusting his cheeks,
"It's alright, I understand. I mean I am very cute,"

You smiled in response, glad that you didn't insult your tour guide.

~•~

"Thanks for everything, Mr. Sugawara, you should see the article in next month's issue of the magazine,"
You packed up your equipment, getting ready to leave.

"You can drop the Mr. part, it makes me feel old. And are you free this weekend?"
He asked.

"I should be, why?"

He looked off to the side nervously,
"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to come to my housewarming party, I'm moving into my first apartment,"

You pulled two cards out of your pocket,
"Sounds fun. The blue card's my business number, the white ones my personal one. Text me the details, alright?"

The two of you exchanged one last nod before you headed off, and now Sugawara had more than just his housewarming party to be excited for.

_________________

Mutual rizzing