8

Thanks for 2k+ reads!
_____________________

"He's gonna be here any minute! You two are totally gonna be best buds!"

The dark haired male sighed,
"Whatever you say, Bokuto-san,"

Excited would not be a word to describe how Akaashi felt about this whole situation. If you were a friend of Bokuto's, there'd be a good chance you'd be high energy or something like that, and he felt like he had enough of that in his life already.

But he couldn't refuse his friend when he invited him out drinking, the past week had been stressful for him because of all the close deadlines.

A few minutes later you arrived at the bar and Bokuto immediately waved you down,
"(L/n)! Dude! Over here!"

Your face went slightly red from embarrassment as the whole bar took a moment to judge you and your friend, but you got over it quickly enough.

When you got to the booth they were sitting down, you greeted Akaashi,
"You must be Akaashi, it's nice to meet you,"

You extended your hand and gave him a firm handshake.

"Likewise," he replied.

There were a few moments of awkward silence as neither you nor Akaashi really knew what to say. Thankfully, Bokuto did.

"Did you know that me and Akaashi went to the same high school? We were even in the same volleyball team, and I was his captain!"

You chuckled at your friends energy before meeting the gaze of the dark haired man,
"Sounds like you two have known each other for a while then. Must've been fun, right?"

Akaashi nodded before a slight smirk formed on his face,
"It was, though it was also sort of a hassle,"

He leaned in close and held up a hand to block his mouth from Bokuto's view,
"This one can be quite a handful sometimes,"

"You got that right,"

The two of you shared a laugh much to the confusion of your athletic friend.

It seemed Akaashi's reservations about you were unfounded as you turned out to be a lot more to his liking than he'd initially thought.

Although you weren't stoic, you weren't hyper energetic like Bokuto could be at times, and you didn't seem as scheming as Kuroo either. You were a nice blend of all traits, and he found that it made you an excellent friend.

You even talked about books with him, which is something he normally couldn't do with a good number of his close friends.

"I felt like the character progression was executed well, although it kind of seemed rushed as it got to the end,"

"I noticed that too, especially with all of them suddenly getting over their baggage at the same time,"

You sighed,
"At least it was a good book,"

Akaashi nodded,
"It was a good book indeed,"

The two of you continued rambling about books while Bokuto was passed out drunk, his head resting on the table.

Eventually it got late, and your conversations had to come to an end.

"It was nice meeting you Akaashi, I hope we can talk again soon,"

You handed him a piece of paper which didn't take him too long to figure out it's purpose.

"Text me if you want to meet up some time and talk about books more,"

The former volleyball player readjusted his glasses while he responded,
"I'll definitely be doing that. I'll take Bokuto-san back to my place, wish me luck for his hangover,"

"I hope it won't be too much trouble for you. Bye!"

The two of you waved goodbye before going your separate ways, with Bokuto slurring out a goodbye before being dragged off by his friend.

Both you and Akaashi were happy to have gained a new friend.

____________________

I'm letting you all vote for the person the next chapter will focus on!

• Akaashi

• Bokuto

•Hinata

•Atsumu

•Sakusa

•Kuroo

•Iwaizumi

Vote soon before I choose one myself