11

"Congrats on the pay raise, Kuroo-senpai!"
You slid over a small box of chocolates to your senior, who gratefully put them in his bag.

"Thanks, I'm still kind of shocked that I got one, I haven't really been doing anything raise-worthy,"
He tried being modest, scratching the back of his head.

If this was high school, he would've played up how deserving he was of this, but he didn't want you to see that side of him yet.

You crossed your arms,
"Are you kidding me? You're always going above and beyond, and you've also trained me! If that's not raise-worthy, then I don't know what is,"

Then you looked him dead in the eye,
"You deserve this,"

Well that look was definitely making him feel some type of way, and he also appreciated your words. It was nice to be appreciated for all the work he's done!

"Yeah, you're right! Hey, wanna come over to my place later for a little congratulation party?"
He asked.

"That sounds great! I've got some beer at my place, I can bring it over,"

He nodded with a smile, a spark of excitement in his gut for the oncoming party.

It took a few moments, but he realized that this would be a great opportunity to have you meet Kenma. You and Kuroo had grown pretty close since you first started out working, and he really wanted you to meet his childhood best friend.

The rest of the work day seemed like a breeze as he anticipated what was to come, and he rushed home to make the preparations.

•~•

"He's super nice and considerate, you two are totally gonna get along!"

Kenma sincerely doubted that. He didn't really get a long with a lot of Kuroo's friends, they just didn't really mesh well with him.

But he wanted to support his childhood friend, so he'd go celebrate and socialize with you anyways.

"He should be here any minute!"
Kuroo sat down excitedly, which was an odd sight for Kenma to see.

He'd never seen Kuroo this excited to see anyone, it was weird. Were you really that great of a person?

Kuroo practically jumped off of the couch when he heard you knock on the door, and greeted you warmly.
"(Y/n)! You brought the beer?"

You held up the six pack of cans,
"Yup!"

You took a peek behind your tall friend to get a look at the man in the background,
"Is that your friend?"

"Mhm,"
He brought his voice to a whisper,
"He's not the most social person out there, so don't feel bad if the two of you don't click,"

You nodded and sat down on the couch, making sure that Kuroo sat between you and Kenma.

You smiled at the shorter man,
"I'm (Y/n), nice to meet you, Kozume,"

His face cringed for a moment,
"You can call me Kenma. Kuroo's said a lot about you,"

You raised a brow, looking towards your senior,
"Has he now? All good things I hope,"