10

"I still can't believe they're making me train an intern..."
You complained.

Kuroo chuckled,
"At least they're paying you extra,"

You lifted your head from your desk,
"They are?"

He gave you a confirming nod.

"I didn't know about that! I'm gonna be the best trainer in the world, just you watch,"

You picked up a file from your desk and began to walk off.

"Where are you going?"

You pointed at Kuroo with confidence,
"I'm meeting my intern!"

You were definitely amusing to him.

~•~

In the lobby of the building there was one lone man sitting down on the not-so comfortable chairs.

He had freckles and dark hair, and seemed a bit nervous.

"Hey! You over there! Are you Yamaguchi Tadashi!?"

He jolted in shock and took a moment to figure out where your voice was coming from.

He yelled back to you,
"Yeah!"

You waved him over and he hurriedly made his way to you.

You held your hand out,
"I'm (l/n) (f/n), I'll be your internship advisor,"

He shook your hand hoping you wouldn't notice how sweaty his was. You were intimidating! (not at all).

"Please follow me, I'll ask you a few quick questions and then we'll really get into this thing,"

~•~

"So why did you apply here?"

He looked away from you nervously,
"My college advisor said I should get an internship, and by the time I began applying, the ones I was interested weren't available,"

"So we're your rebound?"

He shook his head nervously,
"No! I mean, sort of? I do have an interest in volleyball, it's just that it's not the career path that I have in mind,"

He began to sweat as he watched you write some things down on your clipboard.

"So what is the career path you envision for yourself?"

"Something relating to electronics,"

You stood up suddenly,
"That sounds great! It's good to get job experience, even if it's not what you want to go into. Welcome aboard, Yamaguchi!"

He let out a sigh of relief knowing that he didn't screw everything up. He took a peek at your clipboard and felt stupid for worrying about what you were writing when he saw that you'd just drawn some circles.

~•~

"This is the break room where you can eat your lunch or just rest, but most of the time people will just eat at their desks,"