23

"You didn't tell me this was more of a causal thing, (y/n),"

Kuroo looked at you with a slightly embarrassed expression. There he was in his professional attire, and there you were wearing a simple t-shirt and [maybe cargo] shorts.

"This morning Atsumu told me people would look at me weird if I was wearing a suit around there, I totally forgot to tell you!"

You set your luggage bag on the ground, unzipping it and pulling out some clothes.

"Here, take these to the bathroom and change, be quick though, the train could get here any minute!"

He raised a brow,
"Are you seriously expecting me to wear your clothes? And to change in a public bathroom?"

You rolled your eyes,
"It's not like I have a contagious disease or anything, and there's barely anyone here!"

He inspected your clothes,
"I'm not sure this'll look good on me,"

"Don't say that, you look amazing in anything you wear, senpai!"
The train would be here any minute, and you needed to pull out the big guns.

With his ego sufficiently inflated, Kuroo ran to the bathroom before quickly returning wearing your clothes.

"You were right, (y/n). I do look amazing!"
He said with a wide grin.

You politely nodded along, with the train conveniently arriving.

The two of you sat next to each other on the cushioned seats, with you having the aisle seat.

You pulled down the desk from the backside of the chair in front of you, and opened up your laptop.

"I'm gonna work on a few things, let me know if something important happens,"

Kuroo gave you a thumbs up, and the train began to move, heading towards the countryside.

Even after working with you for who knows how long, Kuroo still wasn't exactly sure about what you did. He knew you were a journalist and took photos, but he never really got to take an in depth look at your work process.

So with his face turned to the window, he used the window's reflection to peek at your laptop.

You were typing up an absolute storm, switching in between different documents and slideshows, sending emails left and right, and switching between songs a little too quickly.

Making a magazine was a whole lot more work than he would've thought.

Eventually he got bored of spying on you, and the rest of the train ride went smoothly.

"Got some good work done?"
He probed.

You gave him a tired nod,
"A lot more than I should've. I made some layouts for the magazine, thought of some article ideas, and got a few more advertisers on board,"

He wasn't quite sure how to respond, so he gave you a supportive smile and nod before the two of you got off the train.

"So where are we staying?"

You checked your phone,
"There's an inn thats not too far from here, it's got an onsen and the reviews online said it has good signal,"

You turned on your phone's GPS and had Kuroo follow you along the tan dirt roads, finally making it to the inn after what had felt like ages.

You got your room key and got to your room.

"Isn't it nice? It's pretty spacious, and we get a nice view of the landscape!"

Kuroo nodded along with your observations as he set his bag next to his futon, beginning to unpack. You followed suit, setting down your three bags and separating their insides into different piles.

"That's definitely a lot of luggage for a four day trip,"
Kuroo commented.

"Well, one bag has all my camera equipment, one bag has my clothes, and the other has all my chargers and emergency equipment,"
You justified, pulling out a first aid kit.

"Anyways, we've got to meet with the person from the tourism department so we can..."
Your sentence trailed off as a grim expression appeared on your usually happy face.

"What happened? (Y/n), is everything alright?"
Your coworker's voice was full of concern as he approached you, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"The tourism department said they misscheduled, and they're all on vacation right now,"
You said in defeat.

"The whole department? There's no way that's possible!"
He rebutted.

"You're probably right, but either way, I'm on my own now,"
You said with a sigh.

"Aw c'mon, don't say that! You've got me with you, I'm sure we can figure something out together,"
He placed his hand on your shoulder, giving you a smile of confidence.

"Kuroo-senpai..."
You said with hope.

You were boosting this man's ego way too much.

All the way from Tokyo, Kenma could feel something awful forming.

Just as you were about to inflate your coworker's ego even more, you heard a knock at the door, and went to answer it.

There stood a man with white hair that had black ends.

"Uh... hi? Who are you?"
You asked.

The man groaned,
"Did 'Tsumu not tell ya I'd meet with ya?"

You shook your head, with both you and the stranger checking your phones. After a moment, you got a text from Atsumu.

"  I'm sending a friend to your place!
Well I guess he's already there
He's nice, I promise!  "

He sighed before extending his hand,
"Kita Shinsuke,"

You shook his hand,
"(Y/n). Could I ask why Atsumu sent you over?"

Kuroo watched from behind you while Kita explained himself.
"'Tsumu told me you were gonna go with someone from the tourism department,"

"Oh yeah, about that, that's a no-go,"

He rolled his eyes,
"Figures, Ya can never trust those useless bureaucrats. I'll be yer guide while your here, if that's okay with ya,"

You smiled brightly, grabbing both of the man's hands,
"Really?! That'd be amazing!"

You turned back towards Kuroo, who seemed a bit dejected by this new situation.
"You hear that, Senpai? Kita's gonna be our guide! Aren't we lucky?"

"Very lucky,"
He replied with slight annoyance.

______________

Someone's jealous someone else stole his thunder
Also this was more of a setup chapter
The next chapter or so will be Kita focused with some Kuroo being jealous without knowing why