16

"Senpai, could I leave a little early today? One of my upperclassmen from high school's having a housewarming party,"

"What a coincidence, I'm going to one too! Sure, just make sure to write down whatever you have left and leave it on my desk,"

You saw his posture relax as you granted his request,
"Thank you, senpai!"

"Of course, Yamaguchi,"

Oh you were such an amazing intern mentor! At the same time though, you really needed to stop giving yourself so much work. After all, you had things to do as well.

You looked over the article you'd made for the school Sugawara worked at, and remembering your interactions with him made you smile, even if they were brief. He just seemed like a fun guy.

"Oya? A housewarming party and you didn't invite me? (Y/n), I thought we were friends!"
Kuroo feigned a hurt look as he sat down at his desk.

"It's not my housewarming, it's a friends. And for the record, you'd be the first I'd invite to mine. Besides my parents of course,"

"I better be,"
He said with a smug grin.

~•~

"Damnit Yamaguchi, why am I so nice to you?!"
You complained to yourself as you got through the intern's work.

Sugawara's housewarming party was happening soon, and there was no chance you'd make it there on time.

[you]
I might be a little late
Doing work for my intern
I'll bring drinks to make up for it

[Suga. K]
I understand
As long as you show up
Could you also bring a pillow?
I don't have one

[you]
Yes sir

You were glad he seemed to be understanding, and you tried to pick up the pace on Yamaguchi's work. Why would they give an intern so much to do?!

After much deliberation, you managed to get through it all, and you rushed home to get ready for the party.

Drinks, check. Comfy clothes, check. Used the bathroom twice, check.

Now to see what Sugawara's address is...

Wait no, that couldn't possibly be!

You left your apartment and went to the next door over, knocking on it.

It opened and Sugawara greeted you,
"(Y/n), you made it! I hope you're not too tired,"

"I'm fine, besides, I live next door,"

...

"WHAT?!"
He shouted a little too loudly.

You chuckled nervously,
"I didn't realize till I saw your address, should've looked at that sooner I guess,"

The man dragged you into his apartment and shut the door behind you.

"This is great, I've always wanted to be friends with my neighbors,"
He expressed while you set down the beer you brought.